How to unbolck apps in HIPS

Hi all,

I have just installed CAV2.0 beta. The AV is working fine but few of my applications have been blocked by the HIPS software, even if i unblock them they still appear blocked and i cant access them.
I unblock them by going to setting, then HIPS and then manage.

I am using Windows XP SP3, can anyone help me??

Anand

Hey mate, Are you using CPF3 with D+? or just CAVS2 BETA

I am using CAVS 2 beta only.

Alright, Well I’m not very familiar with CAVS2 but what I can tell you is that
If it’s a bug within CAVS2… Then it won’t be fixed as they aren’t developing CAVS2, your better off switching to CAVS3 when it comes out

For now it’s probably best that you use another security APP, CAVS2 is not being worked on anymore. CAVS3 is expected to be released at the end of this month (hopefully) Along with a security suite version… CPF+CAVS.

https://forums.comodo.com/anti_virusmalware_productsother_security_products/list_off_free_antivirusantimalware_products_announcements-t23099.0.html

Hi anandela

Check out this thread it may help you.

John

Hi John,

Thanks for the link, i added the rsync and sshd files into the exclude from HIPS list and now when i click on manage the antivirus console exits, but the antivirus is still running.
Any other suggestions???

Anand

Hi anandela

That is a known bug in the manage button area. If the exclude gets your blocked apps working then you will just have to live with the console disappearing when clicking manage. CAVS 3 should be out sometime this month as Kyle says so hang in there until then.

John