How to switch from CFP to CIS and keep all old settings?

The post announcing the release of CIS 3.5.53896.424 says:

4 - Am I going to lose my previous settings if I update? COMODO Firewall users will be able to keep their original settings. However CAV2 users will lose the old settings.

That’s good news. But what are the installation steps that one should follow in order to keep all those old settings from CFP?

For instance, will it go something like this?

1. Download CIS (and unplug Internet connection).
  2. Double-click CIS package to start installation.
  3. CIS installer will prompt me to pick up existing CFP settings. Click Yes.
  4. After CIS install is complete, uninstall CFP.

Thanks very much.

UPDATE: I’ve just managed to export my settings (somehow) so I’ll proceed with a fresh installation of CIS.

Hi - I’m looking for an answer to this too. Comodo Chat Support (the online thing) doesn’t seem to have answers.

I’ve been an avid fan of Comodo products for a long time (S) (L) (B). I’ve currently got the Firewall installed, version 3.0.25.378 (which is outdated, and doesn’t pick up the new update when I check for them), and just found out about the Internet Security software.

I can’t export my settings due to admin issues (I’m the only administrator on this computer, I run Comodo with admin rights, and it still won’t let me export my settings!) so I want to upgrade to CIS without losing the settings I’ve got. EDIT: I’ve just managed to export my settings (somehow) so I’ll proceed with a fresh installation of CIS.

I uninstalled AVG Free, then downloaded the CIS setup package, ran it, and it said:

You have an older version of COMODO Firewall Pro installed. In order to upgrade to COMODO Internet Security, either uninstall existing version or visit http://ww.comodointernetsecurity.com to download an upgrade application which will upgrade existing installation to COMODO Internet Security without loss of existing firewall configuration.

If you want to uninstall existing version, please click on ‘Yes’ else on ‘No’.

I chose no, and looked on that site, then searched on the internet, and finally asked on chat support, but nobody can tell me where to download this mystery application from.

Can anybody here tell me/us where to download it from?

Thanks

Lake54 (R)

errr mistery application meaning CIS ??? the link Comodo Firewall | Get Best Personal Firewall Software for $29.99 A Year works for me ???
or you can download it from here

:o no, you cannot install CIS over the top like that :o
errr i didn’t keep my old settings for CIS, but there’s this option to export your confihguration on:
CFP/Miscellanous/manage my configurations/export

i’m not sure though :stuck_out_tongue: since i’ve never used it. but i think it works like this:

1. export your CFP3 configuration
  2. uninstall CFP
  3. install CIS
  4. Import the configuration

hope somebody can confirm this :THNK

edit:
@ lake54:i see you’ve managed to export your CFP setting, is this the right step ???

1. export your CFP3 configuration
  2. uninstall CFP
  3. install CIS
  4. Import the configuration

Using CFP v3 I I sort of maintained having a up-to-date export of my main configuration. CFP v3 has 2 export options by default, one called “Optimum …” and one called “Network …”. I always exported both, the "Optimum Security"being the one I use varying from initially 5MB to now over some 3MB and the “Network …” exported listed always in size 180.224KB for me. Always exporting that one too as a sort of double check of not being used.

First install, running FP v3.0, I saw the “or visit http://ww.comodointernetsecurity.com to download an upgrade application which will upgrade existing installation to COMODO Internet Security without loss of existing firewall configuration…” upon install, looked at the site and noticed it’s some of can for the Comodo toolbar??? Nothing mentioned relating to the message from the installation?? Final version rite? Close the browser, relaunch the downloaded install.

So now:

1. export your main used CFP3 configuration (Miscellaneous>Manage My Configurations>Export>‘marked Security option’)
  2. uninstall CFP
  3. install CIS, upgrade solution used: no integrated AV (have a look at http://av-test.org, if Comodo manages to integrate 2 known AV engines into their own I’d be glad use Comodo’s AV -freeware isn’t it- otherwise no thanks), no integrated Toolbar & other options, again no thanks
  4. “Import” the configuration file from v3, either using “Import as…” or “Import…” and “Select” the configuration as the new active one; backup a new configuration file and delete unused configuration files.

/edit:
5) since CIS cannot be installed in for instance ‘…\Program Files\Comodo\Firewall’ and has a ‘…\Comodo\Internet Security’ path hardcoded in the installation options, verify the path from CIS files in the “Defense+”>“Common Tasks”>“My Protected Files” section because they likely contain the CFP path.
/edit

Defense+ from 3.5 already intercepting a larger load.