How to stop skinning the COMODO?

I dont like the theme (skin) of COMODO. Any idea to disable this feature?

Greetings!

At this moment, there’s only one official skin for Comodo, the defualt one. From what I know, there’s no way to disable it. And it can’t be disabled, if you want it to use the old one or Windows classic theme.
In the future (or actually now), you will be able to change the skin for Comodo Firewall Pro 3, you maybe will like some other skin. If not, you can always make your own :wink:

Cheers,
Ragwing

Who has time to do so?

How cute/good it’s, comodo’s policy to forcefully make their users use some “default skin” so that the skin designers get paid not for nothing is completely unacceptable. Applications like this are to fail going against mainstream skinning like Windows itself provides. Even 5 year old good applications can be skin upgraded via Windows approach. I’m certain some people are simply switch from comodo to a similar firewall just because of this ridiculous policy…

As a notice, comodo on my old rig showed something I didn’t expected; comodo skinning is simply a paint-over borders which I noticed while my rig was under 100% load -(which helped to observe the steps) and when I tried to open the comodo interface. First main window with Windows skinning showed (that I couldn’t believe) than unfortunately painted-over by comodo’s default borders. So Windows skinning is there yet overwritten by comodo…

As for skinning, if you use TrueTransparency (WindowBlinds fails to do so) comodo can be skinned to your desire. TrueTransparency simply rips comodo-skin’s paint-over skin and place borders of your choice/design. TrueTransparency is widely supported and way better than the “default skin” of comodo. Unfortunately nothing can be done about internal windows graphics yet the main skinning problem resides within “borders”…

Another thing you may unaware of is the “resource burden” comodo skinning puts Windows into. To make that ridiculous skin work every time, comodo “extracts” skin to its default position before loading even if the extracted skin is the same as previous (mainly “default”). Non-believers simply can search “modified” files since they last started comodo. This may be done to eliminate the error where related bitmaps may be deleted. But this constant extract approach of 300+ files simply pumps up the “disk fragmentation”…

As a result it’s not understandable and acceptable that why comodo forces its users to a “default” skin. Yeah comodo may be “skinnable”, but who on earth have the time to do so? Most of us simply choose a prebuilt skin in Windows/WindowBlinds and be happy with it until we decide it’s time to change it for a better skin. This policy is comodo is simply outdated to a date where Windows/WindowBlinds skinning doesn’t exist (many years ago)…

Finally I’m sure it’s way much easier to program comodo with Windows skinning approach than this wrongly chosen path of its. So why to hassle to row a boat against a stream? With Windows skinning; if you use XP then you can choose a prettier skin, or if you use Vista then you can experience transparency effects and so on. Then noone has to wait or build a XP skin or a Vista skin for comodo as requested in these forums. I’m not saying to completely eliminate current skinning approach, but saying to let the user choose between Windows skinning and comodo skinning via configuration…

Regards…

P.S: To those to defend the current policy; the last sentence is for you and quite self-explanatory…

Please stop creating multiple duplicate posts, t1470258.

Reply here:
https://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v3/how_to_disable_use_of_themeskin_in_cfp_v3-t25383.0.html;msg204716#msg204716