How to stop Firewall from adding to security policy rules automatically

I am running a java application, and I wish to control where it connects to. This means that it’s not fully trusted, but not blocked either. I managed to do this with CIS, but the issue I then faced is that CIS keeps adding a rule that permits java to connect to everyrthing. I removed Sun from the “Trusted Software Vendors” list, I even renamed javaw.exe, but to no avail.

Looking at the forums, I saw someone suggesting that I put it on “Custom Policy Mode”. I did, but I was then constantly asked whether or not I trust java. Depending on my answer, it was either completely blocked or completely un-blocked, which is not my intention.

I run Comodo Firewall 3.10.102363.531 on Windows Vista.

Welcome to the forum kala934 :slight_smile:

Aswell as setting Network Defense at Custom Policy Mode, you have to set Alert Settings at high or very high depending on how much control you want.

Dennis

Many thanks for your quick reply, Dennis.

I tried this and it seems to work.

The only thing is, it generates a flood of alerts. Could I just tell the Firewall to use the rules I have already defined for java in the Network Security Policy and not ask me any more?

You can either open up the rules you have created by removing part of the rules, or place a block rule at the bottom of the list for that application.

Dennis