How to set limits for connections

Is there any possibility how to set limits for connections in CPF?
I need to allow max 300 connections and 150 sync connections. How can i do that?
in my LAN is microtic router. There is rule in microtic firewall that forward my IP to black list (and cut me off for 15 min.) if I exceed 300 connections in any moment. Also 150 sync connections.
??? ??? ??? :cry:

Unfortunately this can’t be done in CFP. I don’t know of any other software firewall that can do this. Traffic shaping like this is normally handled by a router, not by a firewall. It may be easier for you to buy your own small router that supports shaping and place this between your PC and the rest of the LAN.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Ewen :slight_smile:

Thank you for your answer!

I thought it’s possible because when I’m creating rule in Application monitor, there is an option Miscellaneous, where can I set limit for number of connections for specific application. So I expected it is possible in global for all applications. Never mind.
If I want to avoid forwarding my IP into black list, I will set limits for P2P applications separately. (other apllications are not creating so many connections)
I hope this will help. Am I correct?

Other than buying a shaping router, this would be your only option.

Ewen :slight_smile: