HOW to...? [RESOLVED]

I’m seriously considering to install comodo as my back-up software. I’ve even downloaded and read the guide, but there is a couple of questions I’d ike to ask

1.- Can i install COMODO backup onto my external-no-windows-installed Hard drive?, the one where I want my copies to be made?
2.- There are previous copies made on that external drive, Will they be deleted or may them be re-taken by Comodo?

Thanx in advance

WXP

Spain

BUMP

G’day,

1.- Can i install COMODO backup onto my external-no-windows-installed Hard drive?, the one where I want my copies to be made?

Yes, Comodo Backup can be installed wherever you would like, onto any Windows readable device, but it will make entries into the registry on the boot device on that PC. I’d give serious thought to having the software that can restore your backups on the same drive as the backup. Not usual practice.

2.- There are previous copies made on that external drive, Will they be deleted or may them be re-taken by Comodo?

There are two ways to handle this. One is to use compression, which will create a ZIP file using the date as a factor in the archive name. The second way is to enable revisions, or versions.

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Thank you very much
I’m gonna work on it in a couple of days.

NP. I’ll lock this now. If you have any further queries, please start another topic.

Ewen :slight_smile: