How to Removing cmdagent?

To confirm that Comodo is not causing any problems, I have deleted the program…HOWEVER, there is one file that is “access denied”…

cmdagent

This file loads itself as a running process each time the PC boots. It does no good to deleted it from the registry using “reg edit” as it reloads itself.

I want it GONE! How can I remove it?

Thanks,

Louis

Deleting is not uninstalling. Did you uninstall Comodo or delete it?

this might help you, a manual removal tool someone created for the firewall first post

https://forums.comodo.com/frequently_asked_questions_faq_for_comodo_firewall/manual_uninstall-t5326.0.html

after you use it its safe to delete the comodo folder in say C:\Program files\Comodo

Recall that CPF could not be found using the Windows add/remove program. I consider that ALONE as a CRITICAL flaw in the Comodo Firewall. No excuse! I had to manually delete the files using regedit, etc. The ONLY file that would not delete is cmdagent.

I did some research on how to remove (protected or locked) files that cannot be removed with the “delete” command – i.e., they respond with an “access denied” or similar message.

I downloaded and used a producted called Unlocker. It could not remove it…BUT it had the option to remove it [cmdagent] on the next boot. I chose that option and when I re-booted, cmdagent was GONE.

Then I ran regedit and using the “find” command and located cmdagent. I deleted it from the registry. With the file gone, it cannot re-install itself in the registry when the computer boots – and it not!

Comodo Personal Firewall is NOT ready for Prime Time. Too, bad, because it is promising.

Louis

To clarify, when you “delete” files and folders of a program, you run a significant risk that remnant files will remain on your system. This is because CFP’s uninstaller (and it is not perfect, by any means) looks for all of the original program files during its uninstallation routine.

If the uninstaller cannot “locate” certain files, the uninstallation will be incomplete, and you will likely encounter the problem you described in your first post. This is probably why CFP was no longer listed in the Control Panel’s “Add/Remove Programs” applet.

Typically, the solution to this is to reinstall the program again, then uninstall it using the application’s uninstaller, either through “Add/Remove Programs” or through the programs own “uninstall.exe” (generic example).

Sorry you had so much difficulty in removing “cmdagent.exe”; Unlocker is indeed an excellent tool, and should be a part of every user’s utility box.

I never have had a problem uninstalling Comodo or any other app. If it doesn’t show up on your list you could have simply went into C/Program Files/Comodo and find the uninstaller. If it still isn’t there then just simple download Comodo again and when you try tp install it it will prompt you to uninstall first and it will do it for you. Use an uninstaller first like Revo Uninstaller.