How to remove Tuneup from Event Viewer??

I uninstalled Tuneup Utilities 2010 successfully. In Event Viewer Tuneup is still there. How to remove Tuneup from Event Viewer??

Thanxx
Naren

Go to Start and type in Task Scheduler and click on Task Scheduler Library and go through the tree and see if you can find any significant entries and delete them.

When I uninstalled TuneUp Utilities the program also left several entries running in Services have you checked there yet?

~Maxx

naren- I found the notes that I took after uninstalling the pernicious TuneUp Utilities software and these are the 3 services and location of their executables taken what I could make of the notes I took last January. As I remember the services were not uninstalled when I removed the program with Revo and they kept right on running! It was especially shocking to me that the TuneUp.ProgramStatisticsSvc just kept right on running on schedule ljust like nothing had happened!

Service: TuneUp.Defrag C:\Program Files\TuneUp Utilities 2010\TuneUpDefragService.exe

Service: TuneUp.ProgramStatisticsSvc -C:\Windows\System32\TUProgSt.exe

Service: TuneUp.UtilitiesSvc - C:\Program Files\TuneUpUtilities 2010\TuneUpUtilitiesService32.exe

~Maxx~

Nothing in Scheduled Tasks & no Tuneup services found. I have deleted everything I can found manually & ran Ccleaner & Registry Cleaner & even deleted Tune entries I can found in the registry with regedit. Any other solution.

Thanxx
Naren

P.S. There is one file in C:\Windows\System32\config\TuneUp.evt

I cannot delete this file. It says cannot delete the file is in use. I deleted it with FileUnlocker from http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/ but the file returns with system restart. I disabled Event Viewer, restarted the system, moved/renamed & deleted the file but it returns when Event Viewer is enabled.

Use Autoruns to disable the start up of TuneUp.evt.

Download Autoruns and run it.

This program finds about all auto starts in Windows. This tool can therefore seriously damage Windows when not handled properly. After starting push Escape and go to Options and choose to hide Windows and Microsoft entries, to include empty locations and then push F5 to refresh.

Use search ctrl+f to find TuneUp.evt and untick it. Then reboot and check Event Viewer again.

Autoruns didn’t find TuneUp.evt. It says cannot find string TuneUp.evt. Any other solutions plzz??

Thanxx
Naren

Thanxx for heping frds. I googled a lot & finally found a solution & got rid of TuneUp.

Here’s the solution -

Remove [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog<LogNameYouWantToGetRidOf>].
Then Reboot.

Thanxx
Naren

And thank you for the helpful tip!

~Maxx~