How to recover CIS configuration ?

Hello,

My Window 7 64 bits just crashed and I reinstalled it on another disk.

Can (and how if possible) I recover the first configuration (rights per application and so on) on the new installed CIS ?

As 7 crashed, I can’t run anymore the first CIS but I can access files.

Thanks for your help

Hey and Welcome! :slight_smile:

I think you can export and than import things. I will look into it and tell you more.

Regards,
Valentin

Hello and thanks for your answer.

MAy be I was not clear enough (as my english) but I think I can’t export because I can’t run anymore the first CIS as I can’t start my first Win 7.

One way is to copy some files (if possible) but I don’t know which one.

Regards,

Stef44

I have no experience so I can’t say but I think you should have reinstalled the win7 on the same disk that it was originally installed and not on other disk.

I am sorry that I can’t be of any help :frowning:

Regards,
Valentin

Thank you for your help.

I didn’t install Windows 7 because I thaught my HDD had a hardware failure because of the way the problem happened.
It’s just a question of time to restore the configuration of all the parameters.

Regards

Stef44

The configuration of CIS is stored in the registry. When you can recover the Win 7 registry from the other hd you can import it. Remember that programs need to be installed in the exact same location of course. Notice that system restore points also hold back ups of the registry.

The configurations are stored in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\software\Comodo\Firewall Pro\Configurations .