How to re-use named rules ?

Hi everybody,

policies are made of rules and these rules can have names like “Block and Log All Unmatching Requests”. I have no problems to understand and create new rules, but how do I re-use those rules later when I modify another policy ??

When I click on “Add” in the “Application Network Access Control” dialog where I compose a policy, I can only create new rules, but nowhere I have the option to re-use a rule I created earlier !?

What am I doing wrong ?

Manty thanks,

Hello;

when you set a specific rule for Application B and want to use the same rules for Application D;
You may use the Copy From Button > Another Application > Select Application D (Or what ever application you want

Did this help?

Jake

Hi Jake,

thanks for your answer, but there must be a better way !?
If I say “copy from another application” I copy ALL the rules from this application and can not select. And it seems I can only copy rules from one application. A further copy operation overwrites the first one !?

I thought it would be possible to pick rules from a long list of all the different rules that have been defined. If not, how did you get the same rules into different predefined policies ?

Nihilit

Hi Jake,

thanks for your answer, but there must be a better way !?
If I say “copy from another application” I copy ALL the rules from this application and can not select. And it seems I can only copy rules from one application. A further copy operation overwrites the first one !?

I thought it would be possible to pick rules from a long list of all the different rules that have been defined. If not, how did you get the same rules into different predefined policies ?

Nihilit

That is correct; Make a request for this type of operation here

You can also create a predefined policy by
CIS > Firewall > Network Security policy > Predefined policy
Select add and just make the rules you wish
then you can add this predefined policy to a lot of apps

Hope This helps