how to exclude applications (like emule, utorrent and alike)

Hello forum, this is my first post here and I’m already checked out posts for an answer and since I didn’t find anything at all I’m posting this one, so sorry if this just was posted before (:KWL)

My question as stated in this thread title is about excluding some application that use extensive network resources from checking

I downloaded days ago the latest build of ComodoFW which I found nearly excellent - and way better than lot of pay-for-it expensive software. I only disagree in the amount of resources it uses, 25 megs RAM and CPU cycles jumping from 03 (minimun, never 0%) to 16 or even 25%, but overall I like it very much. Later I decided to uninstall it because the so much resources it need to run, I have a P4 2.4 with 1mb lcache and 1 giga RAM but CAN’T run emule and utorrent alongside, Opera 9 with lots of tabs open, outlook 2007 and Winamp without leaving my PC slower than an XT (8088 XT, that is!) and almost useless.

I know the problem is the amount of resources firewall need to check the lot of connection established by the p2p applications, so it would be nice to raw exclude the apps that makes use extensive networking so the firewall haven’t to check them.

I surfed the options within ComodoFP control panel but can’t figure out how to do this, can you help me on this?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Martin
(Mar del Plata / Argentina)

(B)

Hey

Maybe you can see here
https://forums.comodo.com/faq_for_comodo_firewall/emule_and_bittorent_tuttorials-t411.0.html
They’re talking about the same and found a solution

Hope I could help you
Xan

Thank you very much for your time Xan, I will check it right now :BNC