How to enable firewall on demand?

I’m looking for firewall that is free for commercial use. I’m looking for a firewall that I can turn on when I need it. When I’m in office I’m using corporate firewall + Windows XP firewall. I need something that I can use when I’m out of office. Can I some how enable Comodo firewall only when I need it?

Welcome to our forums !

I'm looking for firewall that is free for commercial use.
You're at the right place
I'm looking for a firewall that I can turn on when I need it.
You can disable the firewall when you want (not recommended)
When I'm in office I'm using corporate firewall + Windows XP firewall.
Windows firewall is 2 times nothing, so I hope your corporate firewall is strong
I need something that I can use when I'm out of office.
You can use it everywhere
Can I some how enable Comodo firewall only when I need it?
Yes you can. Simply enable and disable it and you'll be fine.

best regards,
eXPerience

He fails to mention that it is as simple as right-clicking on the taskbar icon and changing the firewall security level from the dropdown.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yeah but to disable it I have to be loged on. That’s the problem… If Comodo is up I can’t login to my domain (due to group policies restrictions). I’d like if I could log on and then somehow run CIS.

Tnx for pointing out disable function :slight_smile:

Is it possible to bind firewall just to Wirelles Network? When I’m at work I use only wired connection, and outside of work I use Wireless.

Is it a problem if I can’t disable Windows Firewall (I don’t have admin rights due to company polices)? Can CIS work along side with Windows Firewall?

I don’t think you can bind CF to specific interfaces. You should however be able to configure CF to allow your office network full access via the Firewall / Advanced / Network Security Policy.

Cheers