How to do basic config?

Hi There

I first visit as I have just installed Comodo FW so I hope I have posted in correct forum.

I wonder if anyone could point out some basic config to me as the constant opo up in ST is confusing me a bit.

Even if I say allow, it seems to return.

Hi frenchman96

Welcome to the Comodo forum

Can you please let us know what OS you have and also if you have installed CFP version 2.4. Also describe the problem that you are having.

John

JJasper

I made spelling mistake, it should say pop ups but they really are alerts, just like I used to get in ZA, warning me of a prog trying to open etc. Its just that it often repeats itself even after I have selected.

My vesrsion is V 3.0.25.378 and my os is xp home.

I am a reasonably experienced user (always hard to explain your skills/or lack of) but I would like some help in configuring Comodo to its best settings.

BTW, does this site notify me about replies. ???

I will move this to help for version 3 and it will get more exposure.

John

When you first install Comodo it already is at the best settings. You can change D+ to safe mode instead of clean pc mode.

Something similar was occurring in another topic, regarding Yahoo email. The problem was that an alert pop-up was occurring each time the mail program contacted a different email server. Yahoo has many email servers, so there were many alert pop-ups.

Can you post a screenshot of one of the alert pop-ups? The IP address might give enough information to suggest a solution.

BTW, does this site notify me about replies.
Yes, it can. There is a "Notify" button at the bottom of the page that will subscribe you to this topic. You will get email when a new posting is made to the topic.