How to configure for monitoring

Hi,

I’ve downloaded the free version of Comodo and would like to monitor my system.
I want to see wich program is making changes to my system and wich program, process or file is trying to make an outside connection.

Can someone please assist me?
I’m using Windows 7 64bit.

Thank you very much

Defense+ HIPS module will warn you about system changes and Firewall module about outbound connection.
Switch to Proactive Security.

It really depends on how much and what kind of information you require. Defence+ is the key component for monitoring interaction with the file system and registry. In the default configuration it will be typically only produce alerts for unknown processes. If you want more than that, you can increase the sensitivity from ‘Safe Mode’ to ‘Paranoid Mode’, however, doing so will increase the frequency and number of alerts considerably. To select ‘Paranoid Mode’

1. Open The CIS control panel from the System tray/Desktop icon/Start menu
  2. Select the Defence+ tab
  3. Select Defence+ Settings
  4. Move the slider up to Paranoid
and wich program, process or file is trying to make an outside connection.

Can someone please assist me?
I’m using Windows 7 64bit.

Thank you very much

To make sure you receive alerts when a process attempts to make an outbound connection you need to change the firewall settings from ‘safe Mode’ to Custom Policy Mode’:

2. Select the Firewall tab
  3. Select Network Behaviour Settings
  4. Move the slider to Custom Policy

You can also increase the amount of detail captured and used in firewall application rules, by increasing the Alert Frequency, on the Alert Settings tab. The higher the setting the greater the detail and the more alerts generated.

If you chose to install the Antivirus component during installation, you should be aware that a default firewall rule is added that allows all applications outbound. Basically, with this in place, you’ll never see an alert. I’d strongly suggest deleting this rule or switching to a different security configuration:

2. Select the More tab
  3. select Manage My configurations
  4. Select and Activate either Proactive or Firewall security.

There’s not a great deal to choose between the two configurations, but the Proactive configuration does have a few additional settings that may improve security.