How to allow all trafic from a spesific network adapter?

Is there a easy way to create a “trusted network adapter”?

I have two network adapters. First one is to internet.

I change configurations quite frequently, but I always have something connected to my second network adapter.

How do I make Comodo accept any trafic from my second network adapter? So that I can connect to any device/devices that are attached to my second network adapter?

Edit: I have Comodo Firewall Professional 3.0.13.268, Windows XP pro

In what network rang is the second adapter? We need to know this first. Start with defining it under Firewall → Common Tasks → My Network Zones in case Comodo did not automatically put it there.

Well… my network zones was a mess, so I cleaned it up :-[

There were several of my previous attempts and automatic zones made by Comodo. The automatic ones were mostly identical (dunno why Comodo made so many of them).

How do I put nic to zone? There is no such option. Perhaps with MAC address?

We need to know in what zone the second NIC is.

In case you don’t know we are going to make a little excursion to the ipconfig command. In Windows go to Start → Run → type cmd in the run field → enter → a black command line, “DOS box”, opens → type in the following: ipconfig /all (notice the space before /all) → now copy/paste the data for your second NIC in your reply.

Ok, here it is

Ethernet-sovitin Marvel Sisä:

Yhteyskohtainen DNS-liite . . . . :
    Kuvaus  . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Marvell Yukon 88E8001/8003/8010 PCI

Gigabit Ethernet Controller
Fyysinen osoite . . . . . . . . . : xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx
DHCP käytössä . . . . . . . . . . : Ei
IP-osoite . . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
Aliverkon peite . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Oletusyhdyskäytävä. . . . . . . . :

What does the following mean:

Fyysinen osoite . . . . . . . . . : xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx I guess Physical address
DHCP käytössä . . . . . . . . . . : Ei DHCP server…: Yes or NO?
IP-osoite . . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1 IP address
Aliverkon peite . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0 Subnet mask
Oletusyhdyskäytävä. . . . . . . . : ???

What other devices are connected to the second NIC? Is there a router or a computer acting as router?

DHCP: No

Oletusyhdyskäyvävä = Default gateway
There is nothing there, this nic is the default gateway for other devices.

I have connected other computers and a router to that nic. This computer is sharing internet connection.

ATM there is a router (and in the router a laptop) in that nic. And Comodo fw is disabled, I’m using only windows fw :frowning:

We are first going to define your local network. Go to Firewall → Common Tasks → My Network zones → Add → A new network zone → fill in a name like My Home Network → Apply.

Now select My Home Network in the list → add → A new address → choose and IP address mask → fill in 192.168.0.1/255.255.255.0 → Apply → Apply.

Next step is to use the Stealth Ports Wizard to make your home network trusted. Go to Stealth Ports Wizard under Firewall → Common Tasks. Choose “Define a trusted network stealth my ports to EVERYONE else” → Next → select “I would like to trust an existing My Network Zone” → in the drop down box below choose “My Home Network” → Finish. Now we are done here.

By default CIS is set to be a Internet Connection Gateway (ICS server). Make sure it is still set. Go to Firewall → Advanced → Firewall Behaviour Settings → Alert Settings → make sure “This computer is an internet connectiion gateway (i.e. an ICS server)” is ticked. Apply and Ok your way back to the main interface.

Now see if this worked for you.

Thank you, it works beautifully :smiley:

Cant find that ICS setting tho, only something about alerts.

I am using v3.9. I have attached a picture with how it looks like in 3.9. May be it was a bit different with 3.0 (it’s been a while since I used 3.0).

[attachment deleted by admin]