How I defeted my need for sleep!

I usually get 6-7 hours of sleep. I usually get up at 6:30am (sometimes 5:30) & it’s hard to go to sleep before 11pm. If I take a nap longer than 10-15 minutes I feel horrible.

I think generally the people that sleep more then 8 hours a day don’t work

you guys are training yourselves to ignore sleepy side effects?
If you ever be to wal-mart, I bet the managers are trained to ignore the sleepy side effects from the low paid employees. If I was a manager there, I bust out the stun gun and prod them all day and night long LOL......

======= OffTopic =======

You are provoking me , guys :smiley:

I deliberately did not answer the “ear question”, because our attention was distracted enough from “sleeping disorder issue”, … but since there are new comments

Sure, elliotcroft - you are right (I’m afraid even to mention the word now … hehehe! ) there should not be exception anatomically speaking 88)

As for the weirdness of an expression/joke - I did not invent it. And interestingly enough , wj32, neither men no women wouldn’t accept it with “ear” word… Don’t ask me why. I have some clues, but still

At the same time I have to admit that I “simplified” it a bit, because actually the word “egg” should’ve been used, which means the same in Russian compare to the medical term - “testicle”
You see, it makes some a difference, but proves that it is not easy in many cases to translate a joke or proverb without loosing some “spice”
Unfortunately, that is a known issue as pointed

Finally, speaking of eggs in this context … Let’s take this English expression:
“to have an egg on one’s face”.
Well, as far as I know, that means “being in some kind of uncomfortable situation or position”
… then, try to translate that in Russian considering what was discussed above ("egg-wise) - no matter what - that will sound really unexpectedly funny (or not? :D)

Actually, there is an anecdote, which would completely fit here and sounds practically word-by-word as mentioned English expression… but this time I’ll refrain myself ;D

======= OnTopic ======

My record time of sleeping is 5 hours
My record time without any sleep was 3 days and 3 nights when I & my fried were trying to figure out a Software bug considering:

• new Software written by us and a bunch of other programmers who were not available at that time;
  • new Operating System;
  • very new mini-computers (for real-time process control automation)

The morning #4 we both just dropped … basically we lost consciousness practically simultaneously as “they” said later and were sleeping on our keyboards about 1.5 hours
After that we had a very! strong coffee (Turkish stile; 2 cups each) …
The bug was found within 3 hours after that. It was in that bloody new OS after all >:-D >:( ■■■■!!!

Cheers!

Ouch. Developers don’t get much sleep sometimes, I’ve read. 88)

I haven’t ever stayed up too late. I always try to get some sleep.