How does Comodo Memory Firewall works? What is it purpose?

Hello friends!

I am glad to know that Comodo has developed another security solution! Thank you! (:CLP)

But, I have some doubts regarding the new Comodo Memory Firewall. Could you please clarify some of them for me?

What is the purpose of CMF? It substitutes the older software (I don’t remember the name) that works to protect against buffer overflows?

Can I use CMF at the same time with Comodo BoClean and Comodo Firewall Pro V3? My machine has 512 Mb of RAM DDR and an AMD Semprom 2800 processor, with Windows XP Professional. I use Avira Antivir Personal Classic, too.

Do you think that it is a good idea to install CMF on this system?

Best Regards. :slight_smile:

Comodo Memory Firewall used to be called Comodo Memory Guardian.

Comodo Memory Firewall is a buffer overflow detecion and protection tool which provides the ultimate defense against one of the most serious and common attack types on the Internet.

I personally use CMF at the same time as CBOClean and CFP 3.

Jim

Hello JimBell!

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Do you feel some slowness in your system using CMF, BoClean and CFP3 at the same time?

Regards.

Hi,

I run this setup (CMF, CBOclean, CFP3 as well as AVG Pro) on 3 machines:

A laptop with 512Mb RAM
A desktop with 512Mb RAM
Another desktop with 1Gb RAM

I don’t really notice much slowness at all to be honest, the only thing that is slighty annoying is the balloon tip on CMF everytime you load up windows. This is a bug and has been reported, however this is only a slight error for an otherwise great piece of software (your mileage may vary).

Jim

Thank you, JimBell! :slight_smile:

I will install and try the CMF, and see how it works.

Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Hi JimBell,
I was just browsing through the forum and found this thread.
I’m using CMF for a quite a while and I’ve never seen any balloon ???
…and by loading “windows” you mean System Startup, do you?
Just wondering…What it says?

My regards

P.S {XP Pro, SP2}

so, you want my balloon? :smiley:
the balloon is located on CMF systray icon saying something like:
CMF is still working on systray…, click here to not to see this reminder again

Hey Ganda (:WAV) Nice to see U again. People are worried where have U been (:LGH) They say you are on deppresion or something (:TNG) (:WIN)

(:TNG) i’m deppressed all the time
off topic,1 post count, woohoo :BNC

It’s not off topic. The section is marked HELP. So maybe U need help. That’s what I thought (:LGH) (:AGL)

Hi ganda,

Thanks for reply
No, I don’t want the balloon :SMLR
I “most likely” unchecked that and forgot…so I was surprised when JimBell said “every time you load up windows”

Cheers

I can confirm that, too. On one of my user account it disappeared when i clicked on it for the first time, but on another user account it is shown every time i log in, despite i click on it or not.

Aha!

Thanks for clarification, goodbrazer. :■■■■

Hi,

Up until I grabbed version 2.0.3.19 (just before they stopped CMF updating (:KWL)) the tray tip loaded on EVERY boot for me with 2.0.2.

On one of my user account it disappeared when i clicked on it for the first time, but on another user account it is shown every time i log in, despite i click on it or not.

But every system is different.

Jim

Locked.

Reason: Out-Dated post.

Josh