How do you properly use CCE and a couple of other questions

So how do you use CCE to clean up your PC, if for example, a stubborn file simply refuses to be deleted or new malware enters the fray?

How does it do what it does and how is it any different from the other applications available for download?

How do you know which processes are safe to terminate if you have no internet connection available at the moment?

Does KillSwitch (or ProcessHacker more appropriately, I think) have a weakness (something that it cannot really terminate)?

Have you ever tried to use it. You may find answers to some of your questions yorselves.

1. You can terminate & block any application or process from starting…

2. Check it out yourselves. Feel free to experiment on a virtual machine.

3. Without internet, you may not get the DACS and CAMAS verdict, but regular TVL and Digital Sign based white listing still works.

4. As to the last question, I do not think so, except if there is any explicity security permission (NTFS) that denies file write/delete permission.

Yes, I have, but only to a limited extent. I have seen for example, a virus that seems to operate as superhidden (i think that’s how they call it) and remains invisible and undetectable when terminated (try silfox locker to give an example; although I’m unsure whether it does the same thing, that is how I perceive it remains undetected. Scanned with Hitman and McAfee. it propagates via usb’s). How can CCE help now that even as terminating it, renders it perhaps nearly if not fully invisible?

I have made no comparison to CCE to other programs available, hence the second question. Virtual machines do not function well in my computer. (Dont get me wrong. I’m not asking others to do it for me. You may or may not base it on experience). CCE is heavy with 63.6 MB memory usage on a system with 223 RAM and more so on a virtual machine on the same system. My former antivirus was lighter than that with 45 MB at most, and even that slowed my pc down considerably.

Hm. The verdict is whether the file is safe or malicious. Not that if it’s safe to terminate or not. So why would I bother trying to terminate something that is safe? Have you seen a program that won’t terminate with the conventional task manager? With a bunch of programs running in the background and no way to tell which is which (I have no knowledge whatsoever of what’s running), how do I know this is a system file or not? Nevermind this. I found the answer to my question.

Ah, I see. Is it possible to have a program with this property (system files maybe)? Or are system files terminable by KillSwitch?

Another way to delete a file while it is running in memory at the same time is to suspend the memory process and then delete.

How do you know which processes are safe to terminate if you have no internet connection available at the moment?
WoW, that's too complex to answer in a post

Take any file in question and google it, see what comes up. Find out what it is and what it does.

Hm. As I understand it, suspend is to interrupt the file running without actually stopping/terminating the process right? Wouldn’t the file still use memory and other files because, technically, it’s still running, right? I guess now that you mentioned it, it should be fine. But how is it possible?