How do I unsinstall Comodo Antivirus in Safe Mode on Windows 8.1?

I just installed Comodo Antivirus on a brand new laptop with Windows 8.1 and now it locks up after booting and getting to where Comodo loads. I can start in Safe Mode, but the uninstaller is not available. How do I uninstall Comodo Antivirus in Safe Mode on Windows 8.1?

Boot into Safe Mode and then run the removal tool referenced in this post:

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks.

That is an old, outdated removal tool AND it advises on the page you reference to NOT use with Windows 8. I was able to “race” to uninstall Comodo and GeekBuddy before the computer locked up. It took LOTS of tries, because the computer would lock up before I could finish clicking on all the prompts. I was finally able to remove Comodo and GeekBuddy. It seemed like it was actually the GeekBuddy trojan that was causing the lockup. My computer works perfectly now, as before, and I will NOT reinstall these malware trojans untill I am thouroughly convinced they work. Like ZoneAlarm, which I used to use and which worked perfectly until it became a bloated cancer, Comodo seems to have gone the same route. I have used Comodo for years, since ditching ZoneAlarm, but now I suspect Comodo has gone the same route, inserting all this other pervasive bloatware that strangles the computer from behind the scenes. I just need a minimal footprint firewall that does what both these programs used to do so well, without the intrusion, monitoring and incessant advertising and tracking.

I think you guys need to make a new uninstaller that works from Safe Mode, that COMPLETELY uninstalls Comodo and all its extra adware, etc., since you can’t uninstall Comodo from Safe Mode. Also, there should be an option to NOT install GeekBuddy, which seemed to lock my system up until I uninstalled both Comodo and GeekBuddy. This was all on a Windows 8.1 laptop, also running the latest versions of NOD32 and Malwarebytes. Perhaps there is an incompatibility with those, but I could swear I have all these running together on other computers, both Windows 8 and Windows 7.

There are two removal tools referenced in the post I linked to. One works with Windows 8/8.1 and the other does not. Thus, there is already an uninstaller which completely uninstalls Comodo, and from what I’ve seen and heard, does a very good job.

Let me know if you run into any further problems.

Thanks.

If you read more carefully, it says the first tool is “not recommended for Windows 8, as problems have been reported”. Then it says, “Once you’re done using that program to uninstall Comodo Internet Security you can use another removal tool. This one should be safe for Windows 8”. So it basically says, “use the safe on after you have used the non-recommended one”. That isn’t very comforting advice.

Good point. I’ve now updated the other post to make it more clear that it is safe for users of Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. I’ve had many many users use that tool, and have not heard of it causing problems. Thus, the second removal tool is safe for Windows 8.1.

Thanks.