How do I make a malware scan with the Comodo firewall?

Hello.

I’m using the latest version of Comodo 3 and I wants to know how I do a malware scan.

When I first installed the product I was asked to do a malware scan at the beginning, but now when it’s installed (I have had for several months now) I can’t see where I can do this malware scan. How do I do this?

Hi, if you have the latest CF 3.5, there’s no longer any built in scanner. It’s only provided with CIS these days.

LA

Okay, and I assume that CIS stands for Comodo Internet Security.

I managed to find Comodo BOClean Anti-Malware at MajorGeeks.com and will be trying this instead.

Yep, CIS is Comodo Internet Security.

BOClean is just a realtime scanner, you can’t scan on-demand with it (though you can drag ‘n’ drop single files to the Graphical User Interface (GUI)).

LA

Unfortunately for me, it doesn’t work. :frowning:

I will be looking for another version of the BoClean anti-malware scanner somewhere else. (not today, though)

OK. Please check back in the BOClean section when you’re ready. :wink:

LA

I tried the latest version directly from this site now, but I still can’t get it to work correctly. It managed to update itself after an fresh install and I can see the icon on the lower right corner of the screen.

Sorry if this is a F.A.Q, but do I need to restart Windows XP after the program has been installed in order to use the program correctly?

Yes, you should restart Windows after installing BOClean.

LA