How do I configure Comodo v3 with BitTorrents?

Hello everyone,

Over at wilderssecurity.com in PM. I have been referred to this forum. The user over there said they read here that Comodo works fine with BitTorrents and I can ask my questions about it here. How and what options do I configure to use BitTorrents properly? I just got Comodo Pro v3 today. I do use torrents every day of the week. Any help would be good. Thank you for any replies.

Hi php111 (:WAV)

Maybe this will help you ? 88)

https://forums.comodo.com/frequently_asked_questions_faq_for_comodo_firewall/tutorial_for_utorrent_with_comodo_firewall_3-t15677.0.html

Hi Commodus,

That link is fine but I am running into a major problem. Almost every single port in uTorrent I tried to test and it’s not open. I even did a Google.com search and I even tried the highly recommend ports and still are not open.

You can try opening the “Stealt Ports Whizard” and choose stealth and choose the 2nd option :slight_smile: (The one with steath per port basis)

I am confused. I only use uTorrent to download. I really never bother with the options. Is that Stealt in uTorrent? If so where is it at? I am following that guide you gave me. Everything seems right but in uTorrent not Comodo but it won’t let open a port. This is not the first time it won’t let me open it and it’s not hundred time. It happens millions of times.

Here is the message I get for example.

Welcome to the µTorrent Port Checker.
A test will be performed on your computer to check if the specified port is opened.

Checking port 56637 on Removed IP…

Error! Port 56637 does not appear to be open.

Please see www.portforward.com for more information about how to map a port.

Please make absolutely sure that PeerGuardian2 or Protowall is allowing utorrent.com (72.20.34.145) in either of those programs. Those of you using ipfilter.dat should make sure the list does not include the website’s IP. After making sure of this, re-run this test by refreshing the page (F5).

Okay. Can you download using uTorrent ? If you can, does the speeds differ a lot ? 88) ( I mean with and with out the firewall ? )

The “Steath Ports Whizard” allows you to make your computer invisible to hackers (if you steath all ports), but still allows you do surf the internet and download stuff. :slight_smile:

I can download with and without the firewall. The question is, is really fast? NO not in this life time. Especially being on cable with throttling back the speeds with caps on them. DSL is way much better for torrent downloads then cable is. I wish I have DSL but even with DSL you will have to take the risk at connecting to others who are on cable. I have RCN and it’s one of the top for throttling but it’s not the #1 worse.

No, I mean, does Comodo Firewall slows your downloads ? For example if you can download at the speed lets say 512 kb a second without a firewall and only 128 kb with it, means you have troubles connecting. If the speed is the same, you’re fine. No need to open ports :slight_smile:

Too me it’s the same with and without the firewall. The same means it’s downloading slower then a snail. Some where around lets say 2.something and about 6.something kB/s.

Well, means your internet connection is slow and Comodo certainly won’t speed it up ;D Talk to your ISP and get a better plan ;D

Comodo won’t speed it up? I do have a better plan. I have 20MegaBits. It’s the most they offer.

What other security software do you have ? Or had ? 88)

What is your internet speed when downloading from a webpage, not with torrents ? ???

I had ZAP but it wasn’t the best Firewall. As for a webpage. Comodo download it self was between 17-18 Megs and it took me to download about 2 or 3 minutes.

But what was the speed in kb/s ? What speed do you usually have when downloading something ?

Have you fully removed ZAP before installing COMODO ? 88)

I do now know it’s the torrents that is slow. While downloading Comodo and I had uTorrent off. The Comodo was estimating about between 600-700 kb/s down.

Okay. We don’t understand each other. :-\

So, your normal internet speed is 600/700 kb/s, but when you are using uTorrent it drastically drops to 2-6 kb/s ?

That means COMODO is interfering with the downloads. Have you read the uTorrent guide here ? 88)

No I have not read the guide. I was starting to read that opening ports link you gave me. I stopped because uTorrent wouldn’t let me open any ports. To open ports in uTorrent it’s a guessing game to find a port is open. I don’t like that. Not even the default ports will work. If I try to configure Comodo with uTorrent, will it make my speeds faster?

Of course ! If you configure Comodo to play nicely with uTorrent, the speeds should rise :slight_smile: Just carefully read that guide and add the rules to Comodo :slight_smile: It’s simple, should take you 5 minutes :slight_smile:

This is the part I am having trouble on.

Destination port = the port of utorrent