How do 5.12 & 6.0 prevent ransomware?

If a novice has a problem with their computer they go back to the expert who sold them the Commercial Security Suite, that’s the way they make money.

Sorry you still have to interact with the car you have a warning light (alert) you either have to read the manual (help file) or return to garage (expert) if you can.

Everything we do in life has a learning curve, just how far we take this for anything is up to the individual.
In all honesty I think Comodo is experienced enough to know what default settings are best suited to the majority without compromising security to greatly.
Fair enough the more experienced users are going to tweak settings, sometimes for the better or sometimes for the worse and this goes for most software not just security software. :slight_smile:

Thank you captinsticks sums it up very well…

I allways read “novices cant, too complicated… expert knowledge”.

If you open a door with a key, do you know how the lock works? Or do you use the key to open the door?
Its very interesting how a lock works. But you just need to use the key with the keyhole to open the door.

It is not important which question is asked in comodo. Use it as a keyhole for your decision to allow a program.

The only basic knowledge that people need to have:
What do I WANT, where is the button?
Its a one time goal, valid for life.

Umm… getting back to original topic for a bit, why exactly Partially limited (v6) doesn’t protect against ransomware (or the mentioned 1% to be exact)? I mean all you have to do is prevent sandboxed program \ virus to add itself in autorun section(s), which partially limited does, so even if you execute a virus it shouldn’t start-up after restart isn’t it?

The "~"1% will encrypt your computer or do other things that do not depend on an autorun.

To be protected against all things, you would have a sandbox level that would require even more “digging” for novice users, than what was necessary in front of a default deny.
Its not only, “did i allow or block it?”,
but
“Can it run in the sandbox, why does something not work, should i disable the sandbox, why does “the game” not run? etc”