How different is IceDragon from FF, where to ask for help with adjustments?

Hi, if IceDragon is FireFox-based, the new version (22) is coming with a lot of troubles. Where to seek help with adjustments (disabling functions or tuning them), here or on Mozilla help forums?

Currently I have problem with videos auto-play, bookmarks that do not remember last used folder, one click on “bookmark this” star does nothing, second click required, no status bar. For MFF, there are add-ons to be installed for Status Bar and blocking some auto-play. Will they work with IceDragon, or there is some other way to address these problems? And is it possible to remove social media button in the right top corner?

Thank you.

Hi Hill,
Issues with CID are probably best asked here, although Mozilla support can help solve a lot of issues that a carried over.
Really it is personal choice where to ask, best to check for answers of known issues at both locations.

Most add-ons for FF will work with CID with some exceptions at times, trial and error.
Easy to remove if they conflict or fail.

You can hide the SM button by right clicking on the button and selecting hide, or use the customize toolbar option to add/remove the button.
Customizing the Toolbar

Kind regards.

Thank you, appreciate your help!

Facebook button seems to be unaffected by Customize drag and drop. It’s really odd that someone would assume that the whole world uses Facebook and alike, with no options…

You are welcome.

Facebook button seems to be unaffected by Customize drag and drop. It's really odd that someone would assume that the whole world uses Facebook and alike, with no options...
I apologise if my description of the social media button was misleading. The Social media button has its own entry in the drop down menu when you right click on a blank area of the menu or tab bar, to select show or hide. (Screenshot) Not it the drag'n'drop customisations.

Kind regards.

[attachment deleted by admin]