How can I use wildcard to block a variety of URLs?

I think I understand how to block a specific domain. But how can I block a bunch of domains which are unrelated other than the fact they have a common word?

Example: block all domains which contains “game” anywhere in the URL.

Thanks for your help.

Bruce Fraser

It depends on how the Host name option is treated. If it also is usable to designate Domain names (needs testing), then you can just select the My Blocked Zones>Add>(select Host name)>(type the address of the domain - eg www.malware*). If this works, you would be blocking all domain names that start with www.malware. Just a guess - don’t know if this works.

Re: It depends on how the Host name option is treated. If it also is usable to designate Domain names (needs testing), then you can just select the My Blocked Zones>Add>(select Host name)>(type the address of the domain - eg www.malware*). If this works, you would be blocking all domain names that start with www.malware. Just a guess - don’t know if this works.

That’s a good start, thanks.
But I’m looking for a way to do this without user input, rather than add each domain as it comes up. Further, sometimes the characters “game” occur in the middle of the domain name or at the end.

Bruce.

For names that have a word at the beginning or end, you can just type word. This will block all domains (still assuming that Host names works for that) that have that word anywhere in the name. This may block unintended sites though. It is better to narrow down the field a bit unless you are willing to put up with some unintended blocks.