How can DiskShield be integrated into CFP v3 to offer what functionality?

If it were to save the sessions to the hard drive then one option would be a bootable recovery disk (BartPE?) if restoration was needed after any issues.Then it’d be a simple case of choosing the desired backup from within the PE. Also there’d be the benefit of being able to restore an unbootable system with this method,the backups could be stored in an isolated virtual partition perhaps.

We’re sort of trailing into a Backup rather than DiskShield… Hmmm Maybe I need to read a little more to get more of an understanding of how DiskShield works.

Anyway, very cool product… I’d use it but I’d like the option of saving updates and files downloaded to the disk permanently.

Eric

Well let me give you a quick synopsis then. Disk Shield is a virtualization product, it creates a virtual layer of your hard drive, so no changes are commited. When you restart all changes are discarded. Viruses, ect cannot touch your hard drive. Similar products: Shadow user, Deep Freeze.

This would be very nice if possible.

I was unable to think about a specifc way DS could fit in a CFP scenario but I started to think about CFP Parental control functionalities and considered how existing suggestions could be related to that.

If DS will be updated to optionally retain the changes and CFP to somewhat report and optionally retain ruleset changes then those two product could provide an additional operative mode to the current parental control.

As of now CFP don’t handle multiuser rulesets so it is only possible to define a safe ruleset and prevent non-admin to see any alert or apply changes.
If it would be possible to retain those changes in a System restore fashion then the machine could be put in a limited operation mode.

Even if it will not be possible to have the same amount of details a sandbox log can provide I guess that a session CFP ruleset diff and a list of changed files per session could provide a good amout of info.

An admin could use those info to decide if these session changes pose no risk and approve them.
This will ultimately provide a way to have untrained people use CFP and later check those changes.
I guess it would be also possible to leave CFP in silent train mode and check ruleset changes.

This operational mode could open a great deal of operative scenarios.

Another way to use DS could be to let it monitor systemwide bootup changes before CFP is loaded though I have no idea if it is really feasible.

yes, i’m interested in the integrated sandbox, but not so much CDS. don’t get me wrong, CDS is excellent for some people (ex. parents and such), but i don’t really think i would use it.

The sandbox will probably be most of use to the average user whereas Diskshield is more for serial tweakers and those that can’t resist trying different software (guilty of that myself).

i agree

In my opinion, no need to integrate Disk Shield into CFP. Keep them separate so that users can have option to use other software similar to Disk Shield. However Sandbox is a good idea indeed.

Disk Shield might be integrated into a toatl security suite if there is any.

Maybe you didn’t know but COMODO will come with a total security suite: Comodo Internet security… it could be that one of the virtualization products will be integrated in the security suite…

even if DiskShield was integrated into CFP it would be optional during installation just like D+ and Safesurf are.

Melih has always said that the products will be available as both an integrated suite and individual modules,which will please everyone.Some people like the idea of everything under one umbrella while others like to mix and match.

I must say though that a full Comodo suite with AV,Firewall,Diskshield + or sandbox,CMF and BOclean will be a very comprehensive package and I’m sure it’ll have a few of the commercial vendors of ‘internet security’ products in a sweat. :■■■■

agreed.
(R)
(CLY)
:BNC

Integrating this to CFP v3. Would be awsome Atleast for schools, internett cafè’s and people with pc’s often/sometimes used by others. But I also agree there should be an option to install it or not.

the most of the things COMODO will offer must be either modular or optional…that is far more sensible than the pushy stuff other vendors do…

Guess so. A modular installer would be nice too… :slight_smile:

For updates for anti spyware and anti virus programs maybe have an excluding option. Like for example "Make all updates for your AV allowed* So when your anti virus, spyware or what ever program you allow to have updates for will be permanent while all other changes will be discarded.

Yes, the way the Windows Live Messenger installer works would be absolutely perfect for Comodo. You download the small installer and when you open it up it downloads and installs options as you check them. So if you were to open the installer and check CPF, it would instantly start downloading and installing it in the background while you decided what else you wanted to install.

http://bp1.blogger.com/_4NCzAnAJmmQ/R5uf8rXSOsI/AAAAAAAABkg/Z76go7wwuWE/s400/msg8.5+install2.jpg

No way!!! (:AGY)

It’s terrible for dial up internet, like mine.

I prefer a big setup that I can download from anywhere than a small one that download what I choose (CPF, CAVS, CDS, CDE, CMF, CBOClean…) with 50,6 kbps!!!

Get faster internet!!!

Even for people with slow connections there could be two downloading options ;D