Hot to get in the Cyber security field

Hello everyone.

I’m a computer science student in the second year.

I would like to get a job in the cyber security field, so I want you to recommend me of some good tips how can I do it?

Where should I start? What should I learn first? From where?

Anything beneficial would be appreciated .

Thanks in advance!

I wont say what my old job was, but it used to involve fixing IT folks careless mistakes, making sure people PROPERLY and VERIFY configurations . bla bla bla

I'm a computer science student in the second year.
Based on that, you have some knowledge which is good. :) I strongly recommend a couple of courses on Ethical Hacking and learn how to write scripts would be a great. Lets just say from my experience is that over half the folks in IT suck at scripts. (Not executing the script, but writing or editing the script as needed) Those will give you a leg up on the competition.
From where?
Make sure it's accredited school or courses (online or not) depending on how you go about it

P.S. Whenever you get your job, do everything proper, dont be that guy that decides to port forward something based on convenience. But thats another story

F.Y.I Cyber security field is a pretty broad term, You may want to narrow it down more specific if you need any more advice beyond this. But the advice above is strongly strongly recommended even if its not required. This would give you an advantage comparing yourself to other new people competing for cyber security jobs Again this is just my opinion

Thanks for the response.

Actually, the niche of pentesting is really interesting…
Can you be more specific? Which courses in Ethical Hacking exactly? Which scripts exactly? How do you recommend to learn it too?

Can you be more specific? Which courses in Ethical Hacking exactly? Which scripts exactly? How do you recommend to learn it too?
What i need to learn will propably be different then what youll need to learn because you havent narrowed down what you really want to do BUT ill try to answer what I can Do they offer any courses at where your living. Are you wiling to go to collage out of state of where you live. They have online courses but me personally I rather learn it in person than online but that's just me. Do you need financial aid. Are you more into computer forensics, network penetration, etc. YOU'LL NEED TO ASK YOURSELF THESE QUESTION. I couldn't narrow it down for you because this is your life and your career for many years. You need to figure what you would like to get more into. These 2 sites should help answer your own questions https://www.itcareerfinder.com/it-certifications/ec-council-certification-training/certified-ethical-hacker-ceh.html https://www.eccouncil.org/accreditations/

For Scripts ? Seeing how alot of severs are Linux, I would say something like simple Linux shell/bash scripts. Again you will really need to narrow down the cyber security because that’s a pretty open term