Horrible network performance (3.0.19 x32) [FIXED]

Hello,

I’ve got the same problem with slow network speed (using intel pro 1000 mt desktop card and nvidia nforce onboard network) Speed dropped from ~ 56MByte/s to 1,8MByte/s (samba server on the other side). I’m running an netio test atm and will post the results when the downgrade to 3.0.18 is comlete. I’ve also done a small dump with wireshark and upload it.

Netio and winmeter with comodo 3.0.18:

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/5941/comodo3018309netiorw7.th.jpg

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/6919/netmeter3018309firewallar2.th.jpg

Netio with comodo 3.0.19 (no winmeter shot, speed as mentioned above):

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/5906/comodo3019318netiopa3.th.jpg

No big difference in netio, but the transfer speed for any type of network access is slow as hell…

edit:

Found a lot of eo^ breaks in the transmission looking through the wireshark dump using comodo 3.0.19:

........8.....8........+...........N.T.F.S....g.SMB......................t
....".....Q0.....eo^.............eo^.....eo^..................................#.SMB..........................B.......g.SMB......................t
....".....R0.....eo^.............eo^.....eo^..................................#.SMB..................................g.SMB......................t
....".....S0.....eo^.............eo^.....eo^..................................#.SMB..........................B.......g.SMB......................t
....".....T0.....eo^.............eo^.....eo^..................................#.SMB..................................L.SMB2.....A...............t
........8.....8........+...........N.T.F.S....g.SMB......................t
..B.".....U0.....eo^.............eo^.....eo^..................................g.SMB......................t
....".....V0.....eo^.............eo^.....eo^..................................#.SMB..................................g.SMB......................t
....".....W0.....eo^.............eo^.....eo^..................................g.SMB......................t
..B.".....X0.....eo^.............eo^.....eo^..................................#.SMB2.....A...............t
..........#.SMB..................................#.SMB..................................X.SMB2.....A...............t
..C.
.. .....8... .8.....!....*.....8.......8..................#.SMB..................................#.SMB24....A...............t
..........g.SMB......................t
....".....Y0.....eo^.............eo^.....eo^..................................#.SMB..........................B.......g.SMB......................t
....".....Z0.....eo^.............eo^.....eo^..................................g.SMB......................t
....".....[0.....eo^.............eo^.....eo^..................................#.SMB..................................#.SMB..........................C.......g.SMB......................t
....".....\0.....eo^.............eo^.....eo^..................................X.SMB2.....A...............t
.. .....8... .8.....!....*.....8.......8..................g.SMB......................t
..B.".....]0.....eo^.............eo^.....eo^..................................#.SMB..................................X.SMB2.....A...............t

The dump using comodo 3.0.18 doesn’t show any eo^break at all.

I have the same problem, i hope they will fix it soon .
The ping in games are infernal 150 ms~ 250 ms~ .

Hi,

somebidy mentioned he had a Marvel Chip running, maybe this is causing the problem? Because I have a Marvel Chip too, to be exact: Marvell Yukon 88E8056 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller.

Its not you. Its Comodo. It completely hosed down my network as well. Uninstalled it and every thing is fine and back up to normal again. What a MASSIVE bug. Completely unacceptable. I’m losing faith in Comodo. I just spent 2hrs almost on dslreports.com trying to get help for my speed problem. Everyone was doing/knowing what they can. Then I remembered upgrading to the newest version of Comodo the last week or so. Sure enough that was the problem. Here is a link to my thread.

Same problem here.
:frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Another user experiencing a dramatic slowdown here… on an older box from 3-4MB/sec to 1MB/sec over local LAN.

I’m especially annoyed because I was unable to re-install the 3.0.18 release as it kept complaining about being unable to extract resources (an icon) from a .dll after the reboot and would shut itself down. Does 3.0.18 actually install on it’s own? I know it wasn’t out there all that long… Of course trying to figure out why that occurred highlighted how 3.0.19 didn’t remove itself cleanly since windows still thought it was installed and running… uggh… not a good showing for comodo today…

Went back to 3.0.14 just to see if something older would installl and it went fine and appears happy. So for the moment I’ll just stick with this until you guys figure this out.

BTW, slowdown occurs even if firewall disabled and the user GUI isn’t running. That leads me to believe it must be an issue in the low level driver and I’m guessing not that much changed between 18 and 19 so it shouldn’t be too hard to figure out.

Hi all,

I wonder if this has any connection to the 318 update to CFP yesterday?

When checking reason for poor download speeds this morning with Pingplotter I noticed that there was a latency of 20ms (average) on the first hop (to my 3com router). This always shows zero.
It’s a 3com 3CRWE754-G72A and is connected to a 3Ghz XP Pro machine direct via the Ethenet connector.

Is there some alteration made in the latest update which has caused this.

Perhaps there is a new rule I need to make since the update?

Everything else seems to be OK.

Thanks,

Mike.

Update; have tried old laptop 266MHz Del, Windows 89, which is connected by a wireless link to the same router, and that is fine, latency of 1-2ms to the router.
So has to be something that has changed on the main machine.

Security scans show no threats.

I have the same problem (:SAD)

My NIC is: Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC

Gone back to Comodo Firewall 3.0.18.309

very bad bug

I have the exact same problem!

On 3.0.18.309:
Ping to router 192.168.0.1 =1 or <1ms
Ping to my brother 1921.168.0.3 =1 or <1ms
Ping to internet server 21ms

On 3.0.19.318:
Ping to router 31ms
Ping to brother: 31ms
Ping to internet server 45ms

Thanks for your info Leopard; definitely something to do with the latest update then.

Perhaps a Moderator or one of the Comodo experts will come along and tell us how to overcome the problem.

This seriously affects your download speed and needs a quick fix!

Mike.

Hi,

same problem here, ping to my router is about 22ms, was <1 ms before…

Hi

I’m having trouble with playing counter strike after i updated comodo to CFP 3.0.19.318. I now have a higher ping and i have lagg. If i put Firewall and Defense+ on diabled or training mode i still have a high ping and lagg. How do you fix this bug?

CFP .19 changed something in the traffic filtering code in order to fix some cases of computer freezes when certain network traffic takes place. This has caused problems on some configurations, people reporting either a dramatic drop in network speed or high pings. Downgrade to .18 and/or wait until a new version is released.

Same problem here for me. Higher pings and higher latency.

This is just not funny anymore I went down to ~1.7MB/s. No spikes. No noticeable cpu usage on either side. Disabling Comondo has no effect.
[XP Pro DE-de updated, nforce4, amd 64 3200+, no other firewalls, no other network related services, no additional nics, no sniffers, no filters, no nvidia network whatever-it-was-called-wannabe-firewall]

downgrading/uninstalling now… please confirm and fix this as soon as possible

See this https://forums.comodo.com/bug_reports/horrible_network_performance_3019_x32-t20818.0.html for more information on the network performance degradation CFP .19 has caused and stay up to date with the investigation. Not really much else you can do except downgrade, which should be okay if the other bugs this version addresses did not affect you.

How do you downgrade to .18?

I don’t have this problem on my system. ;D

Al (one of my not so useful posts) Adric

Are you a gamer? Try running TF2 or COD4 and see what your pings are.

Speeds from this site are at least a third slower!