HL.exe detected by BOClean as WORM.ANILOGO.D False Positive?[Resolved]

When i tried to run Day of Defeat via Steam.exe/SteamPowered.com BoClean detected HL.exe as a WORM? See a screenshot

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi cpf,
Please submit this as indicated in the CBOC FAQ.

[b]Suspected False Positives?[/b]

Q: Where do we send the files that are being alerted on that we suspect are FPs?

A: You can email them to: malwaresubmit [ at ] avlab.comodo.com .
You may want to specify in the subject line “False Positive?” for clarity’s sake.
As usual, zip and password protect with “infected” including that information in the body.

This is covered elsewhere in several posts. :wink:
From our CBOC “False Positive” cloud tag:

Thanks for your quick response :slight_smile: I have submitted HL.exe to Comodo/VirusTotal a min ago ;D

Glad you got that taken care of, I’ll go ahead and mark this one as resolved. If you need it reopened please PM myself or another mod. with this URL in it somewhere.

Dave

Thank you, your help is appreciated! (CNY)
Can you post back with your findings?
I’ll unlock this so you can follow up.

I got it also and now cant play Half life. I dont understand is it bad, how can I get the file to where the game will play? I never had to deal with trojans, need someone to point me in the right direction. Thanks

johnnyvaneddie,

Welcome to the CBOC forums, I’m sorry it’s under these circumstances…
Can you upload the suspected file to VirusTotal and then get back to us with the results?

HI I see no more alerts with the latest BoClean update :slight_smile: I have submitted HL.exe file to VirusTotal and the file was clean.
Thanks Comodo!

(V)

Yes,
this was a false-positive and has been taken care of.

Thanks
-umesh

Thank you umesh!
With official confirmation I believe this subject is resolved.
Marked and locked.
As always if the OP needs it reopened please IM a mod.
Thanks to all who have helped.