HitmanPro Unwanted Programs and Emsisoft

Scan with Malwarebytes AntiMalware

Download Malwarebytes and install it on your system (Run setup as Administrator).

At the end of installation, uncheck “Enable free trial of Malwarebytes Premium”, then click Finish.

Make sure you have latest definitions by clicking on Update Now,then under Scan choose Threat Scan.

After scanning is done, click on Remove if malware is found,tool will ask for restart , allow it to do so.

Attach MBAM log here (you can find it in History > Application Logs).

Scan with Zemana Antimalware

Download Zemana Antimalware and install it on your system.

Under Scan type choose Full Scan and let the tool scan system.

If malware is found click Next to remove it, if tool asks for restart, allow it .

If no malware is found , just exit program.

NOTE: Leave actions at default.

https://zemana.com/

Scan with Norton Power Eraser

CAUTION: NPE uses aggressive methods to detect and remove malware,so do not touch any of settings !

Download NPE by Symantec and save it to your desktop.

Run the tool as Administrator,accept license agreement,and click Scan button.

Program will ask you to reboot to continue scanning (includes rootkit scan),so allow it to restart.

After restart program will automatically launch itself and start scanning. Scanning takes 5-10 minutes,so be patient !

If malware is detected,make sure that Create restore point option is checked,then click Fix button. After that,click on Restart now to complete removal.

https://security.symantec.com/nbrt/npe.aspx

Sorry for taking so long on replying.

Scan with Malwarebytes AntiMalware

Download Malwarebytes and install it on your system (Run setup as Administrator).

At the end of installation, uncheck “Enable free trial of Malwarebytes Premium”, then click Finish.

Not sure what I am doing wrong, tried 7 times to download the FREE Trial, E nable Free Trial is checked, and clicked Finish.
Each time the Free Version shows up in the Dashboard. The only option was to pay for the Premium not the Free Trial ?

Attached is the log and nothing was found.

Scan with Zemana Antimalware
Found nothing
Scan with Norton Power Eraser
The Only thing it found was my fault. Tried to install AdBlock Plus into IE. When I browsed to the AdBlock Plus site it recognized it was IE but would not install. In reading the author stated that it does not support IE.

SuperAntispyware found 2 pups and 24 cookies
AdwCleaner found nothing
JRT found nothing
Spybot found around 20 registry key pups but none were those that I listed in the original post.

Tried a few cleanup utilities and again nothing.
Even ran the Kapersky Free scan and Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool, with the same results.

These PuP traces are buried in the registry and until one of the above programs searches for them I will have to wait !

Thanks for trying,
UncleDoug

Free version is enough for scanning and removal. Re-run FRST and attach fresh logs.

Here are the logs, but I doubt it will show the traces or remnant keys of the PuPs for YahooToolbar or Default Tab from the Original Post.

Wondered but doubted that the Registry Scan in Frst would show leftover traces ?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Nothing suspicious found except sites with adult content in hosts.

As I wondered about earlier, I have not found a program that will scan the registry for traces/remnants of deleted PuPs and allow you to choose what to delete. At least all the programs I have tried do not find these registry keys.

I think my Host file is being locked by one or more of my security programs.
Any recommendation on how to Clean it and keep it updated ?

Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

:-La This fix is made for use on that particular machine. Running it on another one may break your system.

Download attached fixlist.txt and save it on same location as FRST, they must be in same location otherwise fix will not work !

Re-run FRST as Administrator, click Fix button once and wait while it’s fixing.

It will ask for restart, click OK to do so.

fixlog.txt attach to your reply.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I have a question before I run the fix

These are 2 photos of my daughter who just moved to Hawaii. I wonder what kind of problem you saw ?
Will I lose those photos ?

AlternateDataStreams: C:\Users\Martha\Desktop\Sara in Hawaii 3-22-15.jpg:$CmdZnID
AlternateDataStreams: C:\Users\Martha\Desktop\Sara in White.jpg:$CmdZnID

Thanks

You can back them up if something goes wrong.