HIPS keeps asking for permissions to create a rule already created.

A. THE BUG/ISSUE (Varies from issue to issue)

Can you reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?:
Everytime
If you can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what you did & what happened:
1:Double click “Revo Uninstaller Pro” desktop icon.
2:HIPS alerts about process “ruplp.exe” wanting to install global hook “dwmapi.dll”
3:Click “Remember my answer” and “Treat as allowed application”
One or two sentences explaining what actually happened:
A HIPS rule is created, however if “Revo Uninstaller” is opened again HIPS shows the same warning again. it´s like it does not remember it.
One or two sentences explaining what you expected to happen:
Revo Uninstaller opens without HIPS showing the same warning again.
If a software compatibility problem have you tried the advice to make programs work with CIS?:
NA
Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version:
No
Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how you tried to fix it etc:
No idea

B. YOUR SETUP
Exact CIS version & configuration:
8.2.0.4508, custom
Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV:
HIPS: paranoid, autosandbox: enable, firewall: custom ruleset, av: stateful.
Have you made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.):
nope
Have you updated (without uninstall) from CIS 5, 6 or 7?:
no
if so, have you tried a a a clean reinstall - if not please do?:
no
Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS:
yes
if so, have you tried a standard config - if not please do:
yes
OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, V.Machine used:
Win 7, sp1, 64 bit, uac disabled, admin. account, no vm machine.
Other security/s’box software a) currently installed b) installed since OS, including initial trial security software included with system:
a=sandboxie b=sandboxie

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sounds very similar to my bug report. I tracked my issue down to an application running another in 8.3 format instead of the modern full path format. I hope it gets fixed soon.

In the meantime try my workaround and delete the rule for that problem application and when it asks for permissions uncheck remember and just hit allow, do not “Treat as…” Just hit allow. It should give you a temporary ability to allow the program to use internet.

I’m glad (or am I?) to see that I’m not the only one experiencing this; I also created a bug report a few days ago:

https://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports-cis/rule-creation-issue-t110630.0.html

This is certainly not limited to HIPS, though, I’m also experiencing this with the Firewall module. In fact, both the HIPS and Firewall modules are showing this behavior for the same applications which means this is an issue with Comodo’s database rather than the modules themselves.

I can concur. I have seen this with a few installers I ran, having to repeatedly say I am allowing this to run.
And yes, “remember my answer” is checked.

I’m afraid the bugs in this release keeps piling on, I have the exact same problem but this is just one bug amongst many others in this release. Whether I tick X to remember or even Allow without X, it will keep nagging me over and over to allow the same process to communicate to the same protocol/ip over and over and/or will simply break what ever I am trying to install. My only solution so far is temp “Game mode”.

Should be fixed in version <8.2.0.4591>. If it’s not fixed, please PM me and I will move this one back for further processing.

Thanks.