High CPU usage

Here are my 2 cents if you don’t mind.

CPU shows spikes with following when I close utorrent.exe (BT client version 1.7.5.).
System
cpf.exe
BOX425.exe

comoro firewall pro version 2.4.18.184
I’m on WIN XP pro SP2

Comodo “tests”:

• Changing Monitor DLL injections/ Monitor COM/OLE doesn’t change anything.
  • When I close comodo spikes are gone.
  • Starting comodo firewall with utorrent closed brings spikes back again.
  • Turning off all monitors besides network monitor changes nothing.
  • Turning off network monitor gets rid of the CPU spikes with utorrent running or not (!)

For Network Monitor, I have a rule for utorrent:
ALLOW TCP or UDP IN or OUT FROM IP [Any] TO IP [Any] WHERE SOURCE PORT IS [Any] AND DESTINATION PORT IS (port I set for utorrent). This rule works, as the port is opened when the rule is there, and without the rule, the port is indicated as closed.

First I thought the rules allowed leaks when the programs weren’t actually making use of their specific rules, which caused some conflict and caused it to spike up the CPU or something.

Oddly enough, even after removing that utorrent rule, the CPU spikes remained whether utorrent was running or not.

So while I can say with high certainty that my CPU spikes are correlated with the network monitor, I’m not sure what’s causing it exactly.

Won’t it disable file sharing on hte LAN?

So while I can say with high certainty that my CPU spikes are correlated with the network monitor, I'm not sure what's causing it exactly.
Try disabling "Do Protocol Analysis" and also "Block Fragmented IP Datagrams" (if enabled); do so one at a time, and reboot after the change. One of those may help.
Won't it disable file sharing on hte LAN?
If you're sharing resources across a LAN, you may not be able to disable NetBIOS and some other Windows processes/services.

LM