High cpu usage of cmdagent (comodo internet security helper service)

I’m using Windows 8.1 with the latest Comodo Internet security.
I just realized today that cmdagent.exe (comodo internet security helper service) has a high cpu usage on my computer.

it usually uses about 60% of my cpu recourses (AMD A4 4000) , even when I’m not connected to the internet and deacticate the antivirus firewall and sandbox.

Why is the CPU usage so high and what is wrong with my settings? Any ideas?

Regards,
S

As always make sure there are no leftovers of security programs you had installed in the past. A possible left over can cause all sort of “strange effects”. Please run clean up tools for all security programs you had in the past. A list can be found here at the Eset website: ESET Knowledgebase .

It is the only security suite installed since this is a new computer. But maybe I should do an uninstall and a reinstall of Comodo, as there have been some hardware problems, which could affect any software (repeated lookups, due to power failure)

Thanks for your help,
Regards,
S.

When reinstalling please follow the advice given in this topic. This will make sure there are no remnants leftover which could interfere.

Thanks.

If you suffered from power failures make sure to run checkdisk to look for and fix errors in the file system.

Also run system file checker to make sure the OS system files are all accounted for.

i finally reinstalled the newest firewall and updated to the newest Windows 8.1 Version (-> update 1), but unfortunately it didn’t solve the problem.

But:
I let the systemfile checker run on the system and it found (unsolveable) errors, so I guess I will need to reinstall windows.

Thanks for your help