High CPU usage in the lastest CIS (2013 version)

Yeah I noticed that CIS have a cpu usage of constantly 13% does not matter if I use network traffic or ide…still the same constant cpu usage… 13% on an overclocked core 17 3.5GHZ is a lot!

Is there some kind of bug or is the standard configuration not good ?

Make sure that left overs of previously installed security programs are no longer around by removing possible left overs with cleanup tools of those programs. Leftovers can cause all sort of strange results A list of such tools can be found here: ESET Knowledgebase .

I installed from a fresh windows 8 installation, no previous installs did exist in the system.

The problem still exist. there is a constant of 14% cpu usage… even if I close all programs and unplug all internet cables. This must be a bug. The most frustrating thing is that no other people have reported to have the same problem. I can’t be alone ?
I really like CIS, but after months none of the updates have solved the problem.

Talking about Window 8. I also noticed this on my Netbook with the Enterprise evaluation edition of Win 8 with Windows Task Manager with cavp.exe. It does not happen on my desktop pc with Win 8 Pro. It started happening between 1 and 2 weeks ago.

It seems to be an issue with Task Manager making a false report of the CPU usage. I don’t see the same CPU usage when using Process Hacker or Killswitch. Can you confirm this?

My cpu fan is usually inaudible when I idle or in most cases. But since Comodo use 15.6% cpu all the time,
my cpu fan is audible. this indicate that it is not just falls reporting buy the program in task maanger.
it must be a bug. 15% is a lot of cpu power for a firewall/defense so I would really like to know what is going on.

in Killswitch I do not have the same cpu usage with comodo.
But I know my computer very well, my cpu fan should be inaudible when the pc is idle.
Either way something is wrong.

What is the average CPU usage that KillSwitch and Process Hacker report for cavwp.exe?

What CIS process is causing the high cpu usage with you?

I checked on my netbook again. Now cavwp.exe is quiet in Task Manager, PH and KSb but TM reports 44% usage for its self, it’s been doing that alongside reporting a lot of usage for cavwp.exe, which gets not confirmed by PH and KS…

Something is going on on Win 8 which I have not figured out completely yet.

Does TM show any difference if run as an Administrator (in Win8)?

no solution yet… the CIS still consume a lot of cpu all the time…it is like it gets stuck in some kind infinity loop…

I noticed a strange phenomenon on today. the CIS and Comodo Dragon cpu usage are in exact in phase…
Please notice…when I close dragon in task manager the CIS still use the same CPU usage.

Before the CIS bug has never been in phase with another program before… I can close every program unplug internet cable etc… the CPU usage will remain constant.

I did close the CIS… restart it and “open as administrator” the 14.2 cpu usuage was present in the Task manager also just seconds after… (it can usually take maybe 30 minutes or more before the bug start usually)

I have a similar issue https://forums.comodo.com/install-setup-configuration-help-cis/cis-6-abnormal-cpu-usage-serious-issue-t93218.0.html

Do you use the COMODO antivirus module? Or just the firewall module?

Is your CPU a quad-core CPU with HyperThreading (8 logical cores)?

P.S.
Another similar issue Comodo Forum