High CPU Usage (40%+) Constantly

Ok, I just had to do a re-install of Comodo’s Firewall because it stopped following the rules I set. Made a clea install of the current download - just the Firewall, nothing else.

Now it’s been running at 40%+ constantly. I’ve disabled everything related to cloud & heuristics, also deselected the memory options (as I have SysInternals running - but even closing that does not change anything). CPU usage spikes over 50% for cpe.exe as well.

I have very few rules created for FW or D+ - and most of what is created are Trusted files. Nothing is showing up in the FW or D+ Event Viewers.

Even right-clicking and setting FW, D+, and SandBox to Disable does not lower the CPU usage :frowning:

As I posted, running Win7 64bit.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Do you have other security programs running in the background? Which one(s)? In case you have try adding the Comodo folders to the exclusion of that program.

May be left overs of previously installed security programs are in the way. Please make sure none of them are no longer present.

Try using removal tools for those programs to remove them. Here is a list of removal tools for common av programs: ESET Knowledgebase

No, nothing left over - same stuff I’ve always had and they haven’t changed (Avast!, SAS, SpyBit S&D).

Is Avast running in the background? Add the CIS installation folders to the Avast exclusions and vice versa. That may help.

Ok, I’ve added the Comodo folders to Avast!'s exclusions - all Avast! progs are already listed as Trusted Applications (as are SAS & Spybot SD).

We’ll see how it goes.

I’ve noticed this behaviour too , also on W7 64bit. I’d say it was intermittent rather than constant. I have AVG rather than Avast.

Does adding the CIS installation folders to the AVG exclusions make this problem go away?

Not for me. But I’ve come to the conclusion, because it is so intermittent, that actually it is normal behaviour just the app doing its stuff. It seems to be better than it was so maybe it was still learning things and has now settled down.