1. What you did:
Installed latest v5 CIS, Hibernate computer, resume, then log back on.
2. What actually happened or you actually saw:
sluggish performance immediatley afte logging on. Checked task manager, cmdagent.exe was utilising 15-25% cpu usage and about 100mb of ram.
3. What you expected to happen or see:
Normal behaviour (IE cmdagent not consuming massive amounts of resources) Because there is probably a backlog of updates, CIS should apply the updates one by one over an hour or so perhaps with a balloon popup telling the user the update progress as a pecentage, or delay applying updates 15 minutes after log on WITH a pop up balloon stating that ‘cis needs to clear the backlog and will begin updating in 15 minutes etc’ and the option given to the user to install now by clicking the balloon message or something.
4. How you tried to fix it & what happened:
Tried installing latest .1142 update.
5. If its an application compatibility problem have you tried the application fixes?:
Don’t think its an application compatability issue.
6. Details (exact version) of any application involved with download link:
7. Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so exact steps to make it happen:
I usually hibernate my pc in the evening rather than switch it off. The following morning, the issue occurs after resuming from hibernation and logging on to your user area.
8. Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons):
Because i hibernate my pc for long periods of time, i beleive the issue is caused because CIS is installing all the virus database updates from the previous 12 hours or so. This kind of renders hibernation feature useless as its quicker to do a fresh boot in these circumstances. AFAIK, there has never been an issue with CIS causing hibernation to fail completely.
Files appended. (Please zip unless screenshots).
1. Screenshots illustrating the bug:
2. Screenshots of related CIS event logs and the Defense+ Active Processes List:
3. A CIS config report or file.
4. Crash or freeze dump file:
1. CIS version, AV database version & configuration used:
Latest version 1142 AV, Firewall & D+ all up to date virus database with attached profile used.
2. a) Have you updated (without uninstall) from CIS 3 or 4:
Always uninstall previous versions before updating.
b) if so, have you tried a clean reinstall (without losing settings - if not please do)?:
3. a) Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS:
b) if so, have U tried a standard config (without losing settings - if not please do)?:
4. Other major changes to the default config (eg ticked ‘block all unknown requests’, other egs here. )
‘Keep Alert on Screen For (Seconds)’ for Firewall, AV & D+ all changed to 999 seconds
Enabled pop up balloon messages
Enabled password protect settings (not supressed any alerts btw)
Enabled ‘Scan Memory on Start’,
Enabled both ‘Enable Cloud Scanning’,
Increased ‘Do not scan files larger than (MB)’ to 30mb for manual scanning,
Enabled ‘Automatically Quarantine threats found during scanning’ for scheduled scanning,
Removed recycle bin & CIS directory from exclusions and added C:\Program Files (x86)\Games,
Disabled weekly scheduled scan
Added allow all outgoing requests firewall rule for all applications,
Unchecked ‘This Computer is an Internet Connection Gateway’,
Enabled ‘Protect ARP Cache’,
Enabled ‘Block Grattuitous ARP Frames’,
Enabled ‘Do Protocol Analysis’,
Unchanged, minus ‘Keep Alert on Screen For (Seconds)’ (mentioned above)
5. Defense+, Sandbox, Firewall & AV security levels:
D+= Safe Mode, Sandbox= Enabled, Firewall = Safe Mode, AV = Stateful
6. OS version, service pack, number of bits, UAC setting, & account type:
Vista x64 sp2 Admin account with UAC turned on.
7. Other security and utility software installed:
8. Virtual machine used (Please do NOT use Virtual box):
[attachment deleted by admin]