Heur.suspicious.1 Detected

Comodo firewall found Heur.suspicious.1. I run WinXP Pro. Whenever I log in it gives me a warning. Please advise.

Can you please upload the file being detected to VirusTotal and post a link to the results?

Thank you.

Hi,

I have the path saved in a log file. Not sure what I should be uploading :-[

It will be very helpful for the devs if you can upload the file in question either via this page, or to upload the file to VirusTotal and post a link to the results in your next post. Thus, please navigate to the path shown in the log and upload the file which is being incorrectly detected.

Either way, they will need access to the file in order to fix this.

I have uploaded it.

Generally how long does it take to get a result?

A few days but you should submit it through the forum so that it gets priority analysis.

I submitted it via:

should I submit it elsewhere? thx.

Did you submit it as a false positive?

Regardless it may also be helpful to upload it to VirusTotal and post a link to the results in your next post.

Chiron – I’m multi-tasking from work – is VirusTotal located on this site? I noticed it here:

Yes, that’s the one.

VT informed me the scan had been analyzed yesterday… detection ratio in the report was 0/36. Whatever that indicates, Comodo continues to alert me about bug and I still don’t know how to resolve this.

VT informed me the scan had been analyzed yesterday… detection ratio in the report was 0/36. Whatever that indicates, Comodo continues to alert me about bug and I still don’t know how to resolve this.

Can someone please help me with this?

Does the 0/36 ratio mean that it’s “harmless”? If so…
How can I stop the popup alert each time I log on? :frowning:

Please re-upload the file to VirusTotal. Then, once it’s done analyzing it copy the URL for the page and post it in your next post.

Thank you.

Results:

Hi,sea2sky

Thank you for reporting this.
We’ll check it and get back to you soon.

Best regards
Chunli.chen

Hi,sea2sky

<234f24bdb1bf04e9c38da19c4b628c5a344d8660>
The samples u submitted as false-positive is not detected by Comodo Internet Security version <5.10.228257.2253> with database version <14239>. Please make sure the Antivirus database is updated and check again.

Regards
Chunli.chen
Comodo Antivirus lab
2012-11-19

The firewall is up-to-date but I’m no longer receiving Alerts since I uninstalled my KMPlayer yesterday. Not sure if this is a ‘coincidence’ but there is no detection of the file today.
If this changes I will make another report. Thanks for your response Chunli.

Dear sea2sky,

I reported a similar issue here
https://forums.comodo.com/av-false-positivenegative-detection-reporting/heursuspiciousat1-qttaskexe-t88416.0.html

After having upgrated to QuickTime 7.7.3, Comodo alerted me for QTTask.exe as a sospicious file. Did you report the same issue?

Regards.

Hi – if you follow the trail of my posts, you’ll see that I did indeed have the same issue as you. If you need further info, PM me. :slight_smile: