HELP !!!

my comodo firewall application monitor, component monitor and network controls are all on off! Is there any way just to turn it on again? My protection strength is bad! YIKES. HOW DO I TURN IT ALL BACK ON! YIKES! :o

HI elnlou,

Are you perhaps running version 2.4 ?
It sounds like the old mainly blue GUI version right?

I would recommend to update to 3.14.x to get the latest version and the best Firewall protection…

Latest version is available here

Good morning,

Yes, I am running 2.4.18.184. I’m very nervous about upgrading. I checked out what problems other folks were having after upgrading. I found it very difficult to set up Comodo when I first got it in 2007. It was running beautifully till I upgraded from IE 7 to IE 8 and did some cleanup and upgrading of my Flash player etc. yesterday. I’m not sure at which point the Network Monitor became inactive.

I bet upgrading is not simple. Do I have to uninstall the old version first? Do I have to define trusted apps again, modify zones again…

Is there instructions on how to uninstall Comodo properly?

Eln

Unfortunately you cannot keep your existing rules, zones etc. You will have to start from scratch.

In case you decide to make the big leap uninstall V2, reboot and run the clean up tool to be on the safe side of things.

Get the latest version in COMODO Internet Security 3.14.129887.586 released.