Help with new Comodo 3.0.17.304 - Update Options Confusions

I posted this originally under the new version announcement, but it appears not to be in the right place. Sorry to cross-post.

When I installed the new release (304), I was prompted to “allow deletion of all my old settings” so that new and improved setting could be generated. I was very busy at that moment and chose “No”. Now I want to finish the installation; how do I get back to that prompt? Do I need to do a re-install to see the prompt again?

Comodo 3 seems to be running okay without the new settings option. Any advise on whether to delete the old settings or whether to leave well enough alone?
Thanks.

When I installed the new release (304), I was prompted to "allow deletion of all my old settings" so that new and improved setting could be generated. I was very busy at that moment and chose "No". Now I want to finish the installation; how do I get back to that prompt? Do I need to do a re-install to see the prompt again?

Comodo 3 seems to be running okay without the new settings option. Any advise on whether to delete the old settings or whether to leave well enough alone?

Funnily enough, you have inadvertently chosen exactly the best response.

Clicking “No” means the firewall was updated but used your old configuraiton. If you had chosen “Yes”, it would have wiped out all your network and applicaiton rules, meaning you would have had to go through all the poop-ups again to re-establish them.

You should be fine, as is.

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

I was puzzled by exactly the same thing, I answered NO and asked about it, because I wondered if I had done the right thing.

I was also told that it was easier to ignore the Yes.

If there is no advantage, what’s the idea of the “upgrade”?

Thanks

Nick