Help with my Remote Desktop... tried recommended settings still does not work..!

Hello all,

This is with regards to my problem with remote desktop. I’m trying to bring up my desktop’s screen onto the laptop. Both computers have the latest version of CIS installed with the Firewall and Defense+ in Safe mode. With the firewall disabled… everything works perfectly… But the moment I put in ON (which is what I always prefer) the connection is not successfully established.

Saw a similar problem in this forum and followed the advice given here but that did not work either. https://forums.comodo.com/help-for-v2/comodo-firewall-and-remote-desktop-connection-t9179.0.html

Under the firewall policy that I created, I had allowed TCP/UDP, both In/Out, Source and Destination Address as “Any”, Source Port as “Any” and Destination port as 3389. But in vain…

Thanks for the help…!

Edit: The options “Any” were chosen in frustration because even specifying the exact ip address did not make it work… Tried changing the modes to “Custom Policy” which did not change anything. I am also not sure where to check for the log on this remote desktop event…

Anyone any help please?

To the admin/moderators,

With all due respect

Can you tell me if I am going to receive some help over here or not?
I see the other threads marked as “New” and being responded to and why not mine?
Is the question that hard to understand or does none know the answer for it???

If no body around here knows the answer, I request that the administrator who manages this forum to please speak it out as I can atleast look for answers else where and quit wasting my time over here.

Here is the catch. First you need to open a port under Global Rules as described in the following example:

To open the port TCP 1723 for example

First step is to determine the MAC or Physical address of you network connector. Go to Start → Run → cmd → enter → a black box will show up and enter the following → ipconfig /all (notice the space before /all) → enter → now look up the Physical address and write it down.

Notice that Physical address = MAC address

Firewall → Advanced → Network Security policy → Global Rules → Add → fill in the following:
Action: Allow
Protocol: TCP
Direction: In
Description: Incoming Port

Source address: Any
Destination Address: Choose MAC address and fill in the found MAC/Physical address
Source Port: Any
Destination Port: 1723

Then push Apply → Now make sure that the new rule is somewhere above the basic block rule(s) as the bottom (the block rules have red icons); you can drag and drop the rules → Ok.

When using the default settings. Second step is to move the application rule for RDP to a place somewhere above the All Applications rule.

Third step is to edit the application rule for RDP to allow for incoming traffic on the desired port(s). You can use the instructions in the above as a blueprint. Or if you want a quick and dirty fix you may decide to make the RDP a Trusted application.