Help with Comodo products

Hello, I just registered at this forum and I am wanting to know a few things. I apologize if this is the wrong part of the form to post this in, but here it goes.

Okay, so I have used Zonealarm Extreme Security for year since I paid for it which is 45 dollars. I was really satisifed with it and it’s antivirus caught a lot of bad things. I enjoy the fact that it auto drops all pings that are sent to your computer so that a hacker couldn’t get through. I am going to get 40 dollars in a few days and I was thinking about switching to Comodo. Is there a particular reason why I should switch. I’ve heard that the firewall of Comodo is great, but the antivirus isn’t that good compared to the firewall. I also heard that the free version of the firewall is better then the paid version. Is this also true and if so, why?

The free version of the firewall is exactly the same as the paid version. The paid version adds services (Such as live support) to the application.

The AV is another layer of security with CIS. You aren’t just relying on the AV to protect your system. You also have Defense+ which is a HIPS, an automatic sandbox which will sandbox unknown applications, and there is a cloud component which will scan unknown files. The full suite is a quite powerful security solution.

I hope that it is because as soon as I got done posting my question, I am reading o the forms that Comodo firewall seems to be having some problems.

What problems?

well you know, like maybe false positives or the antivirus not picking up as much as it should. As a beginner who doesn’t know how to configure firewalls that well, in your honest opinon, should I stick with zonealarm or should I pay for a year for Comodo?

The default configuration is pretty beginner friendly. I don’t think you’d have a problem with it.

It’s up to you if you want to stick with Zonealarm, but if you want to give CIS a try, you can just use the free version and you aren’t out anything. :slight_smile:

Here is my plan. Please let me know if you think this is a wise move. I wanted to pay for a year for different firewalls and then after I ran through, 6 or 7 of them, I was going to choose the firewall that I enjoyed the best and then keep it. Do you think this is a good idea. of course, after I try the trials first.

Hi Rman87,
Each to their own of course, nothing wrong with trying a few different ones and choosing what best suites your needs.
IMO though if you choose one and stick with it you will have less chance of problems caused by left over remnants from faulty uninstalls, also it will give you a chance to learn the workings better.

Just my opinion, kind regards.