Help Understand Image Execution [Merged Threads]

There are several things I’d like to know about image execution.

1. Can img exec be configured to ask permission when a program is trying to launch another BUT NOT TO ASK PERMISSION FOR LAUNCHING A PROGRAM FOR THE FIRST TIME?
  2. What category do image execution options fall into? When I’m told something is trying to launch something else the only configurations I have available are to treat as “Installer or Updater” or “Deny All”(my custom rule), where are the other rules? (shell app, isolated app, trusted app etc.) If I delete Deny All I am left only with treat as installer/updater and no matter what custom rules I add they don’t appear under image exec popups.

Updated to v3 last night, have used comodo since its beta days great firewall, just 1 problem with v3 ,

I use the programme true launch bar http://www.truelaunchbar.com/ this is basically a programme launch bar for short cuts.

any exe link i try to launch from this bar, is given the error, “this is not a win32 application” if i try to launch a folder shortcut, the error , “this folder can’t be found is shown”

if i disable the image execution control then this problem stops,

i have tried adding the truelaunch bar’s process as trusted…didn’t work !!

any ideas how this can be fixed???

is the image execution responsible now for the checksum of files … as i am now running v3 with image execution off what protection am i losing having this setting off ?

Since Searinox’s second question hasn’t been answered yet (nor fixed in the most recent Comodo I just downloaded), I’d like to echo it:
“2. …When I’m told something is trying to launch something else the only configurations I have available are to treat as “Installer or Updater” or “Deny All”(my custom rule), where are the other rules? (shell app, isolated app, trusted app etc.)”

This has been the single-most confusing thing about Comodo’s UI for me: why would I want to put the exact same executable into different categories? Why does an executable I’ve already set as ‘trusted’ pop up again–and without ‘trusted’ as an available option?

The second-most confusing thing for me is the meaning of “Remember my answer”. What’s the difference between checking it for “Allow this request” and for “Treat this application as”? And why does it seem like Comodo often chooses NOT to remember? (I’ve been running “Train with Safe” pretty much all of the time.)

I also don’t understand what happens if I choose Treat As Installer but then click No in the “Switch to the Installation Mode” popup box. Does it give extra-special rights to the current executable but not to its child processes? The Help file is pretty helpful but does overlook some of these rather obvious questions.

Sorry if I’ve overlooked anything already explained in the Help–I’m working fast trying to get this laptop set up. (I used to use ZoneAlarm’s free firewall, quit for a while–just used the WinXP firewall–and only just switched to Comodo this week, for my new Toshiba Tecra that’s running Vista.)