Help Required in Allowing Microsoft built in VPN Server Access to remote Clients

Hi,

I have configured the Miscrosoft Built In VPN on my HOME Windows7 system.

When I try to connect to this VPN from another system, with Comodo Firewall ON, it is unable to connect.

If I disable Comodo Firewall on my system, I am able to connect to my HOME VPN immediately.

I tried

creating a network zone with VPN IPs and adding it to allow list, all PORTS, both IN and OUT and TCP and UDP

Creating an allow request for PORT 1723, IPs any, both TCP and UDP, both IN and OUT

but, could not succeed.

Somebody please guide me…

Which computer has CIS installed? The client VPN that’s trying to connect to a VPN server or is CIS installed on the computer hosting the VPN server which other computers connect to? What does your global rules look like and do you have logging enabled for your block rules? If not enable logging to see what is being blocked when trying to use your VPN. Also what connection type does the VPN use LL2TP? PPTP? PPP? etc.

Both have CIS installed, but it is the CIS Firewall on the VPN Server System that is stopping the connection.

CIS Firewall on the VPN Server System that is stopping the connection.

I have logging enabled, but I don’t know how to and what to observe…please guide me.

As I understand, The Connection Type is not mandate at the Server End/ I did not specify anything when I created the VPN Server.
The Client may choose the type of connection, but that’s just what I know, may not be 100% true.

Regarding the Global rules,

I have allowed request for PORT 1723, IPs any, both TCP and UDP, both IN and OUT

created a network zone with VPN IPs and adding it to allow list, all PORTS, both IN and OUT and TCP and UDP

Have a look at this Configure a Firewall for VPN Traffic | Microsoft Learn
Sounds to me like you are using a PPTP VPN so create the following Global allow rules and place them at the top

Allow Protocol=IP, Direction=In, Source address=Any, Destination Address=Any, IP Details=IP Protocol: GRE Allow Protocol=TCP, Direction=In, Souce addr=Any, Destination addr=Any, Source Port=Any, Destination Port= Single Port: 1723
Then make the same rule for the VPN server application under application rules. Have a look at the firewall logs when it doesn't work as it will log what is being blocked.