help my security and firewall issues

1. i use umts-internet with my mobile phone. everytime i connect i get the message “detected new network zone”. so i unchecked this option. am i still safe now?

2. does defense+ interact with my other security programs: antivir, spybot, truecrypt. can i deactivate defense+ completely?
    there were about 5000 pending files. that’s alot, so i purged em. whats the difference between purge and remove?

3. can i feel safe with these programs. i also have xp service pack2 with all updates.

4. anonymizer-software: am i really “glassy” and is my “identity stolen” like the software says? i mean, i never post my creditcard # somewhere, but I’m using forums, chats; erotic & illegal content too.
    actually i use a generated proxy-list to post anonymously.

5. is it important not to use windows-admin-account when using the internet, though i have these programs installed?

6. who is right? some ppl say that software firewalls are shit. others say that its good software. havent got the money to build hardware firewall.

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/3731/22249581el6.jpg

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3168/30447363ke2.jpg

http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/9033/50446135sk9.jpg

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/9141/98161111lk8.jpg

• The version of Comodo Firewall Pro Installed

• How you are logging in to the OS (Admin, User)
    admin

cya

Yes. There’s no need for CFP 3 to create a trusted network each time you boot your PC.

Defense+ will, like with all other softwares, alert you about program operations (like keyboard access, protected files etc.).
To completely disable Defense+, go to Defense+AdvancedDefense+ Settings and check the box that says Deactivate the Defense+ permanently (Requires a system restart.

Purge will remove non-existing files from the list, while Remove will delete custom files that you select.

Yes, it looks like a nice setup of security softwares. Just rememeber to keep them up-to-date :wink:

It hides your IP, but it’s still possible to trace it back to you. Also, if the owner of the proxy uses it for bad purposes, he/she can log all your traffic. Using a proxy won’t protect you from malware and slows down your connection speed, so I don’t see any good reason to use it. If you don’t do anything that’s illegal, there’s no need to use a proxy.

I’ve been using the admin account since I started to use Windows XP, and I haven’t had any malware ruining my PC. But if you download lots of software from the P2P-network, you might suffer more serious damage if you run on an admin account rather than a limited account. But for general browsing, admin account is almost just as safe as a limited account. The chance is close to 0to get infected if you visit the same websites every day, and use a software firewall and up-to-date anti-virus (and other anti-malware products).

Software firewalls does what hardware firewalls and the built-in Windows Firewall doesn’t, it offers outbound protections. If you would get infected, only a software firewall will be able to stop it from connecting to the Internet.

Global rules looks fine, tho I would prefer Allow TCP/UDP Out instead of Allow IP Out.

n1 answers.
forgot “hi”.

hi.

1. well i hit “remove” not purge. but there was no confirm message. and my system seems not to miss those 5k files. and i am unsure about if i send my files to you. how long would it need with my umts connection, or are just the filenames submitted?

2. so i will continue using admin acc - for all. but i need a guest account anyway with my win xp pro sp2 for guests. i have just problems editing the rights with gpedit.msc → its too complex even for a full-time-addicted user like me.
    so i ask you. any tools except microsoft steadystate availble?
    and how to safe the pc from live-cd-booting (=ntfs-killer) without using slowing down system encryption?

cya

The whole file is transfered if I’m not wrong, since there can be thousand different files with the same name.

I have no experience with Windows SteadyState, so as I don’t know for sure what it does, I can’t name another similiar software.

i meant “senT”. so i didn’t send them to you, neither removed em. i think.

well steadystate is a ms tool that is good for e.g. internet cafes, coz the computer is reset to normal state after reboot. i dont need this, but i want to make my pc safe for guests. and win xp account (=ntfs) security sucks.

id would be good to encrypt whole system partition - but than playing games is not possible

if this is not possible - and i already considered - changing to linux. oO

greets