help me .

I installed Comodo firewall , and i scanned my ports thru a very trusted homesite called: GRC and it showed that port0 and port1 is not showing as Stealth, and someone told me that if i used a very good firewall then on GRC test it has shown as “Stealth” and he also said to me that “Your port is visable to attackers.” someone plz help me what to do?
here is little info:

This shows when i scan all my ports:

http://aycu40.webshots.com/image/44839/2001267418757566260_rs.jpg

and this is info for the NON-stealth port:

http://aycu10.webshots.com/image/43249/2003278688879779188_rs.jpg

http://aycu05.webshots.com/image/43364/2003223841169698778_rs.jpg

Plz help me Urgent?
thanks.

Greetings!

Are you using a router to connect to the Internet? If yes, it’ll be tested and not CFP.

Cheers,
Ragwing

yeah well ok…
I had big problem with this, because my sister also used wireless router and we shared together and she is a little freak of online internet all the time =) (:NRD)
So she said no i will not do anything that makes her connection Offline, but i was forced to start a argue with her just to test PC if i am safe, and i tested it without Router i tested direct cable from wall to my PC and it still shows Port0 and Port1 are not Stealth…
Plz help me what should i do? i consider this as a big problem since my PC is visible to Hackers…
anyone?
thanks

Try this simple utility to find out your WAN and LAN IPs. Do they match?

Ragwing,

So for those of us who use a modem and broadband [ I assume the router is my moden?] how do we then check that CPF is stealthed if the first thing it comes to is my modem?. Sorry if I have misunderstood your reply .

goodbrazer i tried that Utility and the Lan-IP and WAN-IP does not match…
So what will i do next to protect my PC to be invisible from Hackers?

You are behind NAT and it is router that is not stealthed, not your computer. Nothing to worry about.

If you still want to stealth some router’s ports, there is no way CF can do it (as not supposed to). Only adjusting some inner router’s settings may help.

But i tested my PC even without Router and it still shows that i am not Stealthed ??
So it cant be the router only but its my PC also that is visible for hackers…
so what now ??

Oh by the way can you (anyone) plz help me how to stealth port0 and port1 on “WIRELESS ROUTER DI-524” i really need it ?
thanks.

Plug in direct cable from wall to your PC and check if your LAN and WAN IPs match in this case. If they don’t i guess it is still router that is tested, not your PC.

well i did everything what you told me to do and i plug in direct cable from wall to my PC and the IPs did match each other, the same IP on LAN and WAN.
But with router the IP are not same but with wall they are the same.
Plz what to do?
i need serious help… (:SAD)
thanks.

Set firewall to “Block all” mode and run test again when you connected directly to internet (i. e. WAN and LAN IPs match). What are results?

does it matter if i try this with router or without?
Because in my opinion maybe it doesnt matter because its the same with no router and with router on port0 and port1 so what do you say??

and another question if i set to block all can i even connect Internet myself?
thanks.

goodbrazer, you can’t do the test when you can’t access the Internet :wink:

No.

D-Link DI-524? If so, that’s funny, because I have that too :wink:
My router show all ports as stealth. You should have Discard PING from WAN side in ToolsMisc. enabled.

Cheers,
Ragwing

Ohh i tried that too but it doesnt help, it still shows about port0 and port1…
Can you plz send me the backup settings of your Router ?
and what will i do to protect me to 100% :frowning: ? that also port0 and port1 to show stealthed :(?

and are you sure that with your router it shows on GRC all stealth?
thnx.

I think that it’ll backup all settings, so you’ll be using my WPA-key and my filter for MAC-adresses, so then you won’t be able to access the Internet.

And here’s the results with CFP 3 disabled:

GRC Port Authority Report created on UTC: 2008-02-19 at 14:44:10

Results from scan of ports: 0-1055

0 Ports Open
0 Ports Closed

1056 Ports Stealth

1056 Ports Tested

ALL PORTS tested were found to be: STEALTH.

TruStealth: PASSED - ALL tested ports were STEALTH,
- NO unsolicited packets were received,
- NO Ping reply (ICMP Echo) was received.

Enabling Discard PING from WAN side in ToolsMisc should give you TruStealth.
Unless you have opened port 0 and 1 in your router, which I see no reason to do.

Cheers,
Ragwing

plz anyone help?
it still shows port0 and port1 is not stealth.
my pc is visible for hackers and is not fully protected :frowning:
what to do?
thnx.

No you are not. You are safe. Read the Shields Up site carefully. If you are behind a router then the first thing Shields Up scan is your router. Dont believe everything that site says. I have used Zone Alarm,Online Armor and Comodo and I get the same results in all of them cause my 2Wire DSL Gateway Modem is scanned first. A hardware firewall stops inbounds and a software firewall is mainly for outbounds and malware protection.