help i think i did something wrong

(:NRD) hi i just installed comodo and i put it in safe mode but when it asked me about a few unknowen programs i just hi ok to let them go by i did not see the slider thing to treat it like a certain program is this ok will it hurt anything thanks for help i apreciate it.

Hi frogger,

Take a look at the Firewall Rules and also the Defence+ rules.
If there are programs listed that you’r having trouble with or doubt about correct rules just remove them.
If you use them again it will prompt you again.

For the slider thing i think you have to click on the “More Options” link from the pop up.

You didn’t do anything wrong unless you blocked a program that isn’t suppose to be blocked. If it was a firewall item you blocked then go to the Firewall tab/Advanced/Network Security Policy and make your changes there. Make your web browsers a web browser. If it was a D+ alert then go to D+/Advanced/Computer Security Policy and make your changes there.

(:NRD) i like it so far but have one question on some of the apps i clicked allow and remember is this ok will they still work? thanks all for you help sorry I’m such a lame brain newb lol.

You want to have remember check off or else you will always get a pop up about that certain program. If your pc is completely clean then there is no reason not to allow anything.

ok so you want remember unchecked or checked ? i’m confused as its checked by default so this confuses me here also i set some applications as a trusted one such as avast stuff but when i look in the firewall config area it says custom is this normal?

You want remember checked off. I think your getting confused between D+ alerts and firewall alerts. If you get a firewall alert and you want just allow it click allow and it will now have a custom rule in the network policy. Now if you get a firewall alert and you want to make it trusted you need to select trusted from the alert pull down menu. Same goes for D+.

no i clicked both trusted for defense stuff as well as firewall stuff but when i was looking in there most said custom is that normal what should i do if anything just leave as is?

It depends. What says custom? Leave all the predefined policy’s there like the ones for Comodo. What are the other ones? Programs you use? Like what? If its a program you know and trust the switch it to trusted. Nothing wrong with custom rules. I tend to make everything trusted except for svchost,explorer.exe and system. I have those all set to outgoing only.

here is some pics of what left on custom in my firewall area most is trusted as its applications i know and trust . and here is pics of defense area to its mostly at custom not sure why is wired. please advise me if i should just leave as it.

i also get this wired defense event what dose this mean if anything also my svchost has not shown up yet is wired thanks for your help kind sir.

7/14/2008 11:38:31 AM C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe Access Memory C:\Program Files\COMODO\Firewall\cfp.exe
7/14/2008 11:38:33 AM C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe Access Memory C:\Program Files\COMODO\Firewall\cfp.exe
7/14/2008 11:38:33 AM C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe Access Memory C:\Program Files\COMODO\Firewall\cfp.exe
7/14/2008 11:38:34 AM C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe Access Memory C:\Program Files\COMODO\Firewall\cfp.exe
7/14/2008 11:38:34 AM C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe Access Memory C:\Program Files\COMODO\Firewall\cfp.exe
7/14/2008 11:38:35 AM C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe Access Memory C:\Program Files\COMODO\Firewall\cfp.exe
7/14/2008 11:38:35 AM C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe Access Memory C:\Program Files\COMODO\Firewall\cfp.exe
7/14/2008 11:38:36 AM C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe Access Memory C:\Program Files\COMODO\Firewall\cfp.exe

Everything thing look fine is those screen shots. Just enjoy Comodo and stop worrying. Can you post a screen shot of your log?

sure can here you go link should go to it there is now log for firewall yet :BNC

Looks ok to me. Just clear it out.

(B) looks like i’m set thanks for a wondeful firewall comodo and know friends :slight_smile: (L)

Put D+ and the firewall in Safe mode. Its the best setting. I also shut off the balloon tips and traffic monitor.

got it did that also do you hapen to know if windows live mail supports html i wanted to use a banner in my sig to support comodo.