Help for Windows Live Messenger 8.5.1302.1018

I’ve read about useful topics on how to configure CPF V3 to work for utorrent and Hamachi. But what about Windows Live Messenger 8.5.1302.1018 (latest current version)? Transferring and synchronization of files in the sharing folders are quite slow for me with CPF V3 turned on.

Please help! Thanks in advance! :■■■■

Sorry for the late response. There is more info about your system needed. What computers are on it; how are the computers connected to each other; how do they connect to the internet; do you have the local network configured in CFP (check the My Network Zones page to see if it was set up there); what is the source and target of the file synchronization and what is the program that performs the sync?

Thanks for your reply!

The sharing folders in Windows Live Messenger are used to connect to my other contacts online, allowing synchronization of files placed in these folders.

My local network connection is working fine and is listed on My Network Zones page.

The only problem is how to configure CPF V3 to allow Windows Live Messenger to share files with my contacts.

Take your time and ask me if you require any more information! Thanks!

I installed messenger 9.0 beta on my computer, and after that I added new friend. The strange thing was that the firewall blocked incoming IP to the messenger. ok, now the question is: do I need to allow incoming IPs to my computer through the messenger or it isn’t necessary?

It seems that the simplest way to do this is to add msnmsgr.exe to your Define a New Trusted Application list. Click Firewall>Common Tasks>Define a New Trusted Application. On that dialog, click Select and choose Browse. Browse to the C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger folder or the C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger folder (depends on the version) and locate and select msnmsgr.exe. Then click Apply.

Oh so that means it will allow all connections for Windows Live Messenger.

Okay I think that’ll be the best way for me! Thank you so much for taking off your time to reply!

Rock on Comodo! ;D