help for ccleaner

ccleaner registry section - installer, activex and class issues - these two categories whatever found is deleted but further scan finds more issues and these issues deleted too and further scan finds more issues. i mean after scanning and deleting 3 times it keeps on finding more issues. is this due to some bugs or it is normal. kindly help frds. waiting for ur help…

thanxx
naren

yo! i can’t help you on that, but if it’s any consolation,it happened to me too when i was using Eusing registry cleaner. and it happened on CCleaner after i install-uninstalled Yahoo messenger smiley addon.
i don’t think it’s a big deal. let’s see if someone can help you. maybe /LA? i’ll PM him for you :-TU

Yo O0

Two, or even three, scans - that’s no surprise to me - but if your scan results excesses this, I’m surprised. ???

Can you provide some more details? Not sure that it’ll help me help you, but maybe someone else will know.

Could you please tell us what exactly it detects ?

Xan

attached is the file. first it detect all these files. when these files are deleted then it detects some mvsnclient entries or something like this (dont remember exactly) when these entries are deleted again it finds more entries. i restored all the deletion and attached are the very first entries. one more thing. in the attached file you will see E drive which is my USB drive. i dont know why it showed entries from E drive coz at the time of scanning E drive was not in use. i haven’t inserted the pendrive in the usb drive i.e E drive.

thanxx
naren

forgot to attach the file.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Could it be that it is unable to delete the registry keys ? So it will keep detecting them. I sujest you use another registry cleaner just to make sure .

Xan

no it deletes the registry keys. it doesn’t detects the same registry keys again.it detects different registry keys. i scanned with comodo system cleaner .37 but it comes out clean. actually i had cleaned the registry 2 days before with csc. after 2 days just thought of trying ccleaner registry cleaner and it came up with all these issues. ccleaner finds registry issues scan after scan but comodo doesn’t. comodo says registry is clean.

Where did you download your Ccleaner edition from ? I hope you’re not using a fake one :stuck_out_tongue:

Xan

i downloaded it from its official site. scanned with virustotal and it came clean. digital signature is also there. i assure you the downloaded file is the original ccleaner file and not the fake one.

I honestly don’t know what’s going on. I’m sorry. if something pop-ups in my mind, I’ll let you know.:slight_smile:

Xan

thanxx 4 ur support n help buddy

thanxx
naren

one thing to mention here. ccleaner site has standard and other builds (no toolbar). i downloaded other build. the size of the install file on the site is 959 kb and the file i downloaded shows the size 923 kb. can this be responsible for the prob???

I sujest you uninstall Ccleaner and reinstall it with the correct version.

Xan

Provided that the file works (i.e. not corrupted) it’s surely a question of different versions of CCleaner.

My experience is similar. You’d have only noticed this if you ran CC multiple times in a row.

The registry is very complex with many, many cross ref’s. If you delete one key, than another key will be dunsel. Thus it would come up next scan. Till there ain’t no more.

I’ve used CC for along time and I have had no problems resulting. It’s kinda weak actually, on purpose for our sake. Your ok. Just read what it say’s, and smile cause your learning.

but would it be safe to delete keys cc finds scan after scan i.e multiple scans.

My opinion is yes. The odds are in your favor with CC, it is a good pgm. I myself alway’s happily delete any ref, almost crazy I am. Love to delete!!

That said, you do have option with CC to back up the ref’s you choose to delete. But make sure you take a good mental note on where backup’s are saved too. In case you need to use safe mode to put em back in.

And, prior to that, do you have your important data backed up? If not, you probably shouldn’t be messing around with these kinds of things. Comodo has an excellent back up tool you can use.

ok thanxx replying. but this is the first registry cleaner in my experience which finds issues immediately after scanning and deleting too, so little hesitant and afraid too to delete the issues.

thanxx
naren

CCleaner is one of if not the most safe registry cleaner IMO 88)