Help! Comodo causing driver issues. Driver conflicts!

I tried to install CIS and it stopped at 83%, I tried to stop the installation but cannot do it either. I then force my laptop to reboot and download the CIS removal tool from this forum.

I then tried to install CIS again and again, it stopped at 83%. I tried to force reboot again but this time… things went south. After rebooting, there are problems with drivers, including internet adapter, sound, CPU and monitor. Now I need to use another laptop to post this issue.

Can someone please help to answer this? How can I bring my computer back to normal… Thanks!!!

Hi aidanpwc,
Please try the advice given here by Eric, including running the original (Old) Clean-up tool for CIS in Windows safe mode.

captainsticks thanks!

However, it didn’t solve my issues. I have wired network back to work, but my drivers still shows “not working properly” in device manager. This includes monitor, laptop keyboard, audio, wireless adapter and monitor.

I have tired the clean-up tool that i can found on this form but it didnt help… Is there any fix I can try? This is pretty frustrating…

Thanks!

Understandably frustrating.
The only suggestions I have are,
Try a system restore before the issue if possible (Not ultimate I know).
Try searching for update drivers for the malfunctioning devices.
I will ask the other Mods to take a look at this topic.
Other than the above, sorry to hear the problems are persisting.

Please follow the advice I give in this topic and see if any of them are helpful. Pay special attention to making sure you run clean-up programs for any security programs you have previously had installed.

Please let me know of you still run into trouble.

Thanks.

Sometimes it happens that you can’t connect to the internet after uninstalling, using the unofficial clean up tool or trying a manual deinstallation. Then the Inspect driver is still present and needs to be uninstalled.

How to uninstall the CIS firewall driver when it stays present? Look up the properties of the network connection, select the Comodo Firewall driver and uninstall it. See the attached image.

This issue is getting more serious than I thought. Many of the drivers on my computer is not functioning now, including audio, CPU, wireless internet and chip set.

I tried to uninstall and install the drivers again but it didn’t fix the issue. I also tried the cleaning tool per the suggestions here.

Has someone had this problem before? Do I really need to re-install my OS? This will be a lot pain…

Thanks for all the responses btw!

You say many of your drivers are not working. What alerts do you get? Do you also get alerts about programs crashing or not functioning properly?

Let Windows run chkdsk /f from the command prompt. It will ask to scan upon the next reboot. Allow it and reboot. See if it reports errors and if they get fixed

When that does not help run several scanners to see if your system is infected. Use Hitman Pro, Super Antispyware, Malwarebytes antimalware and TDSS Killer. When an infection is found don’t do anything and report back here. Your system could be infected with a patching virus like Sality or Virut. In that case it is best to clean off line from a live CD like from Dr Web or Kaspersky.

When no infection is found run sfc /scannow command from the command prompt to check the integrity of your Windows installation.