HELP, Comodo antivirus and windows live messenger

HI, My problem is that i need to configure Windows live messenger (WLM) in order to when someone send me a file, WLM called to comodo antivirus (CAV) in order to CAV analize (automatic) the file that someone sended me.

I need to put the directory of the program that it can do it in the WLM configuration.

COmodo is installed in:

C:\Archivos de programa\Comodo\Comodo AntiVirus.…

Thanks!

sorry…im a new member and ive just tried to post a new topic and its not working?

Ok, don’t worry, but I was happy someone know my problem and i’m disappointed.

I try with antivir, active virus shield, and comodo antivirus. The three antivirus program are so good, but any technich service can’t help me…

Please if you don’t understand me, or if you don’t know the answer, you’ll tell me. I want to know if my english is very bad or if I demand a complicated stuff.

Thanks.

You is for everybody.

Hey Halcor,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

To include an antivirus scan for WLM downloads, you need to include the “callable” executable, along with any pertinent parameters, in the WLM options. CAVS does have a command line executable that can be used in WLM. The executabel name is “CAVSCONS.EXE” and the only parameter you should need is “/D” (to attempt disinfection).

The conmmand string you need to add to WLM is as follows;

“C:\Archivos de programa\Comodo\Comodo AntiVirus\cavscons.exe /D”

The quotation marks at the beginning and end are needed, due to the spaces in “Archivos de programa” and in “Comodo AntiVirus”.

Please be aware that I haven’t physically checked this within WLM, but this same method has worked in other applications that allow for an external anti virus application.

It’s worth noting that CAVS on-access scanner would also scan any inbound WLM transferred files as and when they were written to the file system.

Hope this helps,
Ewen :slight_smile:

I love you DR. Zaius :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok, thanks, I reinstall comodo antivirus and try it. Now I have “Active virus shield” and comodo antivirus is a beta, but i see it’s a beta very avanced, and i don’t care to help you with the beta, but i don’t want lose protection.

¿What is your recommendation?

As it is still a beta, I cannot recommend that you use it on a production system. While no software is perfect, beta software can, and does, have bugs, and there can be no guarantees whatsoever.

Cheers,

Ok, I don’t install then comodo firewall, :(, and i wait impacient to comodo won’t be a beta product.

And this question must be added in FaQ or in the comodo antivir help.

Thanks!

Firewall?

I thought we were talking about the antivirus!

V2.14 of the firewall is not a beta and is a great product.

firewall? I’m stupid, :stuck_out_tongue: no, i was talking about antivirus, firewall is very good, and i love it, my girlfriend is planing how to kill them… :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks!

Great job!

Hi Panic,

I found the hard way about cavcons but neither the command line help nor your message say anything about the returned values when the file is clean, or infected or infected but cleaneable and this code is what I need to tell the calling program if the file was ok or not.

Could you help? Do you know what the return codes are?

Thanks.

I’ll see if I can find out for you.

Hey Merrill,

I’ve been in touch with the CAVS development team. CAVS2 Beta doesn’t support parseable return codes, but this will be built into CAVS3, where it will return a known value for a known result. This is exactly what you’re looking for, but won’t be available until CAVS3 is released for public testing. This will hopefully occur in the first quarter of 08, but software release schedules are unfortunately, but necessarily, elastic.

Hang in there - CAVS3 looks like it’s really going to be something out of the box!