Help.chm file cannot be opened

Hi, I’m new to System Cleaner. Loaded it fine (WinXP SP3; Samsung NC10) and ran Privacy Cleaner and Drive Cleaner–all worked fine. Tried Registry cleaner but got nervous and cancelled out. Then hit Help button to learn more and got this message in a box:

“Cannot open the file: mk:@MSITStore:C:\Program Files\Comodo\Comodo System-Cleaner\help.chm”

I searched and the file is there. I also ran Repair from Control Panel which reinstalled System-Cleaner. Same error. Any advice is welcome. Thanks.

Double click the help.chm file.

Hi L.A.R. Grizzly,

As suggested, I went to the help.chm file located in the Program Files \ Comodo etc. folder. Double clicked and got the same message along with the error tone. I also tried right-click, Open, and got the same thing. The file itself is only 24 kb, which seems small to me, but may be relevant. I checked the Properties and they looked normal; and, I scanned with Spybot S&D just in case. I’m open to other thoughts and suggestions. Thanks.

Strange. I’ve attached the help file:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thank you!! I loaded it in and it works fine. Appreciate your assistance!

Glad to help out. I don’t know why it failed to install. Computers is sooo stupid! 88)

Hi,

If the issue described above happens again, just go to the help file and manually delete it. Then launch CSC and click on the Help button. A window will pop-up saying that “Help is not available at this moment. Please wait for downloading to finish”. After you click “Ok” in the message window, CSC will automatically close. During this time, CSC silently connects to our servers and downloads the .chm file.
Now launch CSC again and click on the “Help” button. The User Guide for CSC will be launched.

Thank you for your support.

Dear Cassiopeea Ursu,

Thank you, as well. After I resolved the issue on one computer, I checked CSC on the other (Dell XPS M140, Win XP SP3) and found the Help file corrupted there too. I returned here to report and found your advice. I did as you suggested and all worked fine.

Two solutions to one problem! Life doesn’t get any better than this.

Thanks, Psychlone